coby mid1045-8 stuck on android

nyman

Dec 26, 2012
Good afternoon everyone, I brought a coby 1045-8 on xmas eve. I downloaded netflix to watch movies. I didn't try to root my tablet. My tablet is now stuck on the android logo. I tried to take it back to the store but they won't take it back. I now have a $200 dollar brick tablet. I have tried the volume and power button on the tablet and the tablet cuts completely off. I even tried the reset button, the tablet reset comes back on and get stuck on the android logo. any help will be very appreciated.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Good afternoon everyone, I brought a coby 1045-8 on xmas eve. I downloaded netflix to watch movies. I didn't try to root my tablet. My tablet is now stuck on the android logo. I tried to take it back to the store but they won't take it back. I now have a $200 dollar brick tablet. I have tried the volume and power button on the tablet and the tablet cuts completely off. I even tried the reset button, the tablet reset comes back on and get stuck on the android logo. any help will be very appreciated.

We don't have a good dump for this device, so cant restore your tablet to factory.
Best you can do is factory reset in recovery.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hell nyman, congratulations on your new Coby 1045 and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. Hopefully, vampirefo.'s suggestions will get that tablet working again. I'm moving your thread to the Coby Generation 3 forum in case you need further assistance. Enjoy your tablet and the forum!

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Can you tell me how to get into recovery mode.

No I can not as I don't have that version, One of my coby combo, power off press silver button, keep holding silver button press and release power.

Other coby combo, press power release hold volume up.

your version has a combo I just don't know what it is. You just need to trial and error til you find it.

nyman

Dec 26, 2012
I called Coby, They said it has to do with the getjar application causing 3rd generation to get stuck in boot mode. They told me to send it in with a 15 dollar money order and they will replace it. They said it will take 4 to 6 weeks to get my tablet back.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I called Coby, They said it has to do with the getjar application causing 3rd generation to get stuck in boot mode. They told me to send it in with a 15 dollar money order and they will replace it. They said it will take 4 to 6 weeks to get my tablet back.

while you was on the phone with them, you should of had them walk you into recovery mode combo.