Coby MID7015 good price

teegunn

Nov 28, 2010
I tried to buy 3 of these for our kids for Xmas.... they were out of stock online. Called the nearest store (an hour away from me) and have 3 on hold. Will buy them tomorrow night and then the fun begins setting them up so they work smoothly xmas morning for our kids! They can't keep their hands off my droid X, so I am hoping these will be a viable replacement to keep them happy. Angry Birds, Talking Santa, etc, etc.... the kids love em.

poncespr

Nov 24, 2010
I tried to buy 3 of these for our kids for Xmas.... they were out of stock online. Called the nearest store (an hour away from me) and have 3 on hold. Will buy them tomorrow night and then the fun begins setting them up so they work smoothly xmas morning for our kids! They can't keep their hands off my droid X, so I am hoping these will be a viable replacement to keep them happy. Angry Birds, Talking Santa, etc, etc.... the kids love em.

Angry Birds will not work properly, but there are tons of other games that do. I'd say that I have more than 90% of my apps that I use on my Droid working on my Kyros.

teegunn

Nov 28, 2010
Angry Birds will not work properly, but there are tons of other games that do. I'd say that I have more than 90% of my apps that I use on my Droid working on my Kyros.

I noticed in some youtube videos that Angry Birds works with the Coby, but without proper text. Will still try to load it on the unit. Strange it doesn't work though. Thanks for the info. In any case, I think instead of spending a bit less and ordering from China I will just get 3 of these. If they suck out loud I can just return to Shopko for a refund. Ideally I'd rather have the Archos 70, but they are OOS and about twice as expensive. My kids really enjoy flash games (webkinz, club penguin) but I figure there will be enough app games to keep them more than busy even without flash 10 capability. I will try to load the flash 10 for 2.1, but I don't expect it to work succesfully. Can always try though.

poncespr

Nov 24, 2010
I noticed in some youtube videos that Angry Birds works with the Coby, but without proper text. Will still try to load it on the unit. Strange it doesn't work though. Thanks for the info. In any case, I think instead of spending a bit less and ordering from China I will just get 3 of these. If they suck out loud I can just return to Shopko for a refund. Ideally I'd rather have the Archos 70, but they are OOS and about twice as expensive. My kids really enjoy flash games (webkinz, club penguin) but I figure there will be enough app games to keep them more than busy even without flash 10 capability. I will try to load the flash 10 for 2.1, but I don't expect it to work succesfully. Can always try though.

It is a very nice tablet if you can get it on sale. I paid $149 (plus tax) at my local Kmart. I found a guide here with instructions on how to install the Google apps which include the market. It barely took me 45-50 min. to do which I think is not bad taking into account I know very little about android, thanks to the detailed instructions. I also did a full backup, just in case (following the same guide). After adding the market to it there are very few complaints I would have about it.

Here is the guide just in case you want to try it and have not found it. It is pretty straightforward but do bear in mind the risks involved.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ing-android-market-clockworkmod-recovery.html

teegunn

Nov 28, 2010
It is a very nice tablet if you can get it on sale. I paid $149 (plus tax) at my local Kmart. I found a guide here with instructions on how to install the Google apps which include the market. It barely took me 45-50 min. to do which I think is not bad taking into account I know very little about android, thanks to the detailed instructions. I also did a full backup, just in case (following the same guide). After adding the market to it there are very few complaints I would have about it.

Here is the guide just in case you want to try it and have not found it. It is pretty straightforward but do bear in mind the risks involved.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ing-android-market-clockworkmod-recovery.html

I really appreciate the info and link. Thanks!

poncespr

Nov 24, 2010
I noticed in some youtube videos that Angry Birds works with the Coby, but without proper text. Will still try to load it on the unit. Strange it doesn't work though.

Teegunn, good news. I tried Angry Birds: Seasons, and they have fixed most of the graphical glitches. You can see text now when selection menu options and before starting a level. Just when you are about to enter a level you still get a blank square and in-game there are still a few graphical errors, but it is very much improved and probably they will pretty soon have it at 100%. Not having capacitive, or 2 point resistive screen, means we cannot pinch to zoom in and out of the game screen to better calculate aiming while playing, but I just take it as part of the challenge on the game.

Now if there was a version of Comic Reader Mobi working on the Kyros 7015, my life would be complete. At least for now :)

orionzdrm

Dec 14, 2010
Angry Birds Christmas game works perfectly. The original AB works but the text is a bit off. Still a great deal for a free game on a cheap tablet. I bought mine for $150.00 at Kmart and love it. I couldnt ask for anything more for this price.

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
Just bought mine today at SkopKo in Rice Lake, WI - $149.99 + tax --- on sale for $50 off.
After an hour of playing the first impression my spouse and I have is "This will be fun".
Our first tablet, our first Android.
This is my first post and I'm having a hard time seeing that it is posting....

dantep

Dec 20, 2010
My Coby 7015 came today. This came from shoppingchannel.com here in Canada for $179.99 in 9 installments of $20 a month from the original $265. The Coby Usa site says to upgrade the firmware. Question? Do I upgrade the firmware first before I perform whats in the ultimate guide in rooting etc. thanks