Coby MID7033/7035 lost it's way

Riski1

Oct 28, 2013
Howdy all

In an effort to salvage my better half's tablet, this ol' noob is reaching out for help.
I know nothing about Coby, tablets or Android of any kind, but love to figure it out. This takes me back to the days of my first PC build.
All I have for info is the model numbers which I got of the User Guide my wife had printed and it is running Ice Cream Sandwich. She has done something that boots up to the following message:

Encryption unsuccessful

Encryption was interrupted and can't complet.
As a result, the data on your tablet is no longer accessible,

To resume using your tablet, you must perform a factory reset. When you set up your tablet after
the reset, you'll have an opportunity to restore any data that was backed up to your Google Account.

RESET

I have selected the RESET buttun and it takes me nowhere so assume I am in search of a secret code of some sort.
My first thoughts were that the tablet was removed while attached to a USB port on either our Windows pc or The iMAC.
I am lost here so any assistance would be appreciated in the way of links, advice or hand holding ;)

Riski1

Oct 28, 2013

edap

Dec 12, 2012
May I suggest the Google Nexus 7 (2nd gen.). It's getting the KitKat 4.4 OS today.

Riski1

Oct 28, 2013
That is the one at the top of my list; seem to be reading all the reviews on it I can find. Hope it"s not to much for a first timer.:confused:

edap

Dec 12, 2012
The tablet market is saturated with cheap tablets But most of these devices make huge sacrifices to bring down the price because, unlike Google and its Nexus line, other manufacturers have to make money. However, there is a new competitor and it packs a pretty serious punch. NVIDIA officially announced the new Tegra Note today. At just $199.99, it undercuts even the Nexus 7 2013 in price. And, with a powerful Tegra 4 processor, it’s not some budget slouch. It also features dual front facing speakers that perform quite well, a built-in stylus with NVIDIA’s DirectStylus technology, and a 5MP camera with an always on HDR mode coming in the December update. And, of course, you get pure stock Android.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
The tablet market is saturated with cheap tablets But most of these devices make huge sacrifices to bring down the price because, unlike Google and its Nexus line, other manufacturers have to make money. However, there is a new competitor and it packs a pretty serious punch. NVIDIA officially announced the new Tegra Note today. At just $199.99, it undercuts even the Nexus 7 2013 in price. And, with a powerful Tegra 4 processor, it’s not some budget slouch. It also features dual front facing speakers that perform quite well, a built-in stylus with NVIDIA’s DirectStylus technology, and a 5MP camera with an always on HDR mode coming in the December update. And, of course, you get pure stock Android.

Now that I am interested in, Tergra 4 and pure android, throw in a micro sdcard slot 8 inch screen and I am in.

Riski1

Oct 28, 2013
Sorry for falling asleep here and I appreciate the info on where to put my focus. As it stands now, I think it will be towards the Nexus 7 based on multiple reviews and opinions. I've had my trial with the cheap tablet and that's not a route I wish to follow. NVidia is a solid name but I think they are playing catch up in the tablet world.

Tell me if I'm wrong; I'm an old fart that does not need the latest and greatest and certainly do stay away from all marketing hype with today;s products. I watch alot of podcasts and listen to some music and am not interested in long term storage. Camera wise; if it takes a picture, that's fine.

Now it's off to many hours of browsing and reading in the Android Forums.

Beware of some really dumb questions coming your way from this ol' noobie :eek: