COBY MID7042-4 battery life?

Joe88

Apr 27, 2012
Does anyone know the battery life on the MID7042-4?
All I can find is generic info with no actual amount
newegg has it on sale, along thats its running 4.0 is pretty tempting

I just got the SYNET7LP-DS but im pretty disappointed in it (resistive screen just kills the whole experience!)

l8asusul

Apr 29, 2012
Just picked one up last night from Fry's for 119. Used about two hours last night took battery down to about 75%. Turned it off. This morning battery is 55%. Not sure what that is about. Maybe it was lower than I thought. Ran for an hour today with no significant change in charge. Will have a better idea this week when I take to work and run it all day.

Joe88

Apr 27, 2012
the sale ends tomorrow, so cant really wait much longer but from what you said it sounds like it has a decent battery life
maybe 4-6 hours with wifi?

l8asusul

Apr 29, 2012
A little L8asusul but I have had good experience with battery life. I know a reviewer complained that it was only 5 hours (4.5 with video) and if left on (sleep mode) it would loose 15% charge overnight. I don't need to be on it for 5 hours and as fast as it starts up, I turn it off when not in use (0% loss overnight). I am wondering if the USB charging even works. I had it plugged into the PC for an hour and the charge did not change from 49%. It does take a couple of hours to charge through the AC adapter but I can live with that. All in all, good value for money if you can get for $120 or less.

Last edited:

Joe88

Apr 27, 2012
can anyone install the paypal app from 1-mobile store?
I have an old version but every time I try to update or even with a fresh install, it always fails

nimsu

May 5, 2012
Just took a 4 hr flight and used my 7042 to watch videos the whole time. I was concerned about long the battery would last but I think I still had 36% left when I landed

ziggyzag

May 18, 2012
nimsu said:
Just took a 4 hr flight and used my 7042 to watch videos the whole time. I was concerned about long the battery would last but I think I still had 36% left when I landed

By now usb ports in your armrest for charging should be standard, then it wouldn't matter.

bvn

Jun 11, 2012
I found the battery life on mine to pretty close to match the claims found on page 35 of the manual.
The Li/Fe technology has a life cycle of 3 to 4 years.