Coby MID7060-16

revoltpt

Jun 8, 2013
@ vampirefo

Is it normal to take 1m40s time to cold boot? My previous tablet (Yarvik tab264 which has inferior hardware) takes much less time to boot.
I don't really remember if when I had 7060 firmware it took so much time to boot but if it took I belive I would remember.

Thanks.

mdgomes

Jun 19, 2013
Hello everybody. this is my first post here and i would like to thank vampirefo for your commitement with this forum.

I also recently purchased a mid7060 and i am on the way of doing the same revolt did.

Question: which option should i use in cw recovery to install vampirefo stock 7065 rom? " install zip from sdcard" or backup and restore"?

thanks

revoltpt

Jun 8, 2013
Hello everybody. this is my first post here and i would like to thank vampirefo for your commitement with this forum.

I also recently purchased a mid7060 and i am on the way of doing the same revolt did.

Question: which option should i use in cw recovery to install vampirefo stock 7065 rom? " install zip from sdcard" or backup and restore"?

thanks

Welcome to the club.

Don't forget to save a backup of your current firmware and that you have a time limit of 3m40s in recovery (you should start making modifications in tablet just after booting in recovery).
You could then compare with my backup to see if there is any difference.
I used "install zip", but if you are not hurry and if vampirefo is available to make a prior approval of a system backup of my current firmware, it should be easier for coby 7060 owners to "upgrade" to 7065 firmware.

mdgomes

Jun 19, 2013
I am not in a hurry but i investigated myself and got it working.

The first problem i found was i tried to do a backup with all i had installed and stumbled on the time limit. Guess what? The tablet got stuck on the android logo.
Then i did a factory reset and tried again and all went well.

The second was to find the original files to make the wifi work again. Now everything is working perfectly.

Anyway i will keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone needs help and if something new comes up

About the cold start, yes mine takes about 2 minutes also. before updating a little less but near that also.

Once again, thanks to everyone who is working to make this possible.

mdgomes

Jun 19, 2013
Revoltpt: I did my backup with CW recovery but the structure seems pretty similar with yours.

I compared your build.prop with mine and they are exactly the same line by line.

Is there any other file or else i should compare?

revoltpt

Jun 8, 2013
Revoltpt: I did my backup with CW recovery but the structure seems pretty similar with yours.

I compared your build.prop with mine and they are exactly the same line by line.

Is there any other file or else i should compare?

Maybe the 2 files replaced.
I think you can compare checksums of the files.

mdgomes

Jun 19, 2013
Maybe the 2 files replaced.
I think you can compare checksums of the files.

I compared nvram.txt and i can see some diferences, but i have no idea what checksum is or how to do it.
I still have a long way to learn.

Is it normal for this tablet to warm up more than usual? Mostly with graphical applications that require more power.
The previous tablets i had before never warmed up so much like this one.

RaptorSDS

Aug 5, 2013
Hallo comunity

i have some question about MID7060
to my person
I have some exp on HTC Windows device like HD2 from MS6.5 to Android an so on, but your infos are confuse me

First i will become my MID7060 on 10.Aug. hope you can help me in this time

secound : i bought my 7060 at Amazon Germany , there it sold with 1.2GHz is that right or have all 7060 only 0.8Ghz

third: Wich version of TWRP recovery do you use , and how do you get it on the device without PlayStore

four: how i get the 2 files out of the recovery , or must i do it before with explorer

five: can i have a clean TUT for unlock(root or flash or else) the 7060 to become a full 7065 like in this thread maybe with all need links , because i dont understand the order of your action

six: Where can i get a 7065- 8GB rom i think vampirfo has a 16GB version

PS sorry for my bad english!

Last edited:

mdgomes

Jun 19, 2013
Hallo comunity

i have some question about MID7060
to my person
I have some exp on HTC Windows device like HD2 from MS6.5 to Android an so on, but your infos are confuse me

First i will become my MID7060 on 10.Aug. hope you can help me in this time

secound : i bought my 7060 at Amazon Germany , there it sold with 1.2GHz is that right or have all 7060 only 0.8Ghz

third: Wich version of TWRP recovery do you use , and how do you get it on the device without PlayStore

four: how i get the 2 files out of the recovery , or must i do it before with explorer

five: can i have a clean TUT for unlock(root or flash or else) the 7060 to become a full 7065 like in this thread maybe with all need links , because i dont understand the order of your action

six: Where can i get a 7065- 8GB rom i think vampirfo has a 16GB version

PS sorry for my bad english!

Hi and welcome.
I'll try to answer some of your questions because i was there also.

First: You came to the right place.

Second: Vampirefo said that on his checkings he found that mid7060 was underpowered in comparision to mid7065. But that was a software issue so if you do this update you'll get the full power of it.

Third: Vampirefo, once again, made all the work for us so you just need to follow his instructions on this post: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...al/58323-root-coby-7065-via-adb-recovery.html
There you will find all the files you need.

Fourth: On the tablet you need an explorer that lets you have acess to your root file system.
On the computer you can use winrar to open and explore your backup. they are just compressed files.
So don't forget to make a backup before trying anything and remember there is a 3.40 min time limit even when doing backups, so don't play around too much.

Hope i was helpful.
if you need further help i'll be glad to hear it.

EDIT: i am taking a look to the steps it takes to do this and post that later

Last edited:

mdgomes

Jun 19, 2013
Back again to the same topic.

First of all none of this was my work. This is all vampirefo works so i thank him for it. I am jus gathering his information and posting it here.

This was the way i did it.
I chose the 2nd method.

First: i made a factory reset to make sure i had a clean backup in case i need it.

Second: i did a backup with the stock recovery (hold volume up and power for 5 sec. and release both)
then i copied the available files here 7065_root.zip and just extracted "uImage_recovery" and "Root_Coby_7065.zip" to the sdcard

Third: reboot again with the sdcard inserted but this time hold volume up and power but release only power after 5 sec. continue holding vol up until you see CW recovery.
there i choose "Install zip from sdcard" > "choose zip from sdcard", browsed to the zip file and let the magic happen. the tablet reboots again and it's rooted.

To update the tablet to 7065 rom:

using the same sdcard with the file "uImage_recovery" in there, copy to it the stock 7065 rom from here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-4/58416-stock-7065-rooted-rom.html#post285427

Reboot the tablet again get again into CW recovery and again choose install zip from sdcard and choose the stock 7065 zip file you have and wait.
i think it will reboot and you will have now a 7065.

Wifi won't work but it's just a matter of going to your old backup an bring the files "dhd.ko" (Root\lib\) and "nvram.txt" (Root\etc\wifi\40183\)
and replace them on your tablet with a file explorer that has acess to your root system.

Now, i wrote this mostly by memory as i did it a while ago so i hope there are no mistakes or something missing. so if anyone sees something wrong please tell me.

I also have a 16gb version but honestly that was the only available where i bought it.

I hope i was clear and useful.

Last edited:

revoltpt

Jun 8, 2013
Hello.

My 7060 is also "upgraded" to 7065.

mdgomes, are you sure you made your backup with stock recovery? I couldn't do it in my 7060 and used the 2 recoveries provided by vampirefo (one similar with stock recovery and one with touch menus).

Regards.

mdgomes

Jun 19, 2013
Hello.

My 7060 is also "upgraded" to 7065.

mdgomes, are you sure you made your backup with stock recovery? I couldn't do it in my 7060 and used the 2 recoveries provided by vampirefo (one similar with stock recovery and one with touch menus).

Regards.

Now i'm not sure. like i said i wrote this by memory and i can't remember.
But it-s just a matter of trying. What i am sure is if i didn't do it with stock recovery, i did it wit cw recovery because i never tried any other.

RaptorSDS

Aug 5, 2013
thanks to both i

yes really helpfull your tut

one thing wich version of TWRP do you use i only saw SAMSUNG and similar Versions on the HP of TW

my to do list
1 get a 8GB Version ROM of 7065
1.1 Factory Reset
2 Backup
3 Root
3.1 get google store
3.2 get tool for Core Speed ( maybe unlock before to 1.2ghz)
3.2 get explorer tool
3.3 Get 2 Files out of rom
4 Image change
5 Reboot
6 Root
7 copy back 2 files
8 be happy

is that right ?

has someone info where i find a 7065 8GB ROM?

Last edited: