Coby MID7060-16

RaptorSDS

Aug 5, 2013
i got my 7060 but i have some problems / not root /no change

1. it show at infos as 7060
2.it have a unknow serial number is that normal ? (factory reset was made)
3. many apps are closed at start s i cant backup my device / where can i get a backup tool without google play store

write with my corby

mdgomes

Jun 19, 2013
i got my 7060 but i have some problems / not root /no change

1. it show at infos as 7060
2.it have a unknow serial number is that normal ? (factory reset was made)
3. many apps are closed at start s i cant backup my device / where can i get a backup tool without google play store

write with my corby

Hi again.
you Should not do your backup in android.
Turn off your device and press the power key and volume up together for 5 seconds.
your tablet will boot in recovery mode. that is where i made my backup.

Read the previous steps carefuly.

RaptorSDS

Aug 5, 2013
hello comunity

it is not possible for me to do a backup
android recovery system 3e
but i havent any funktion to save to sd card s
there a only
update from sd
update from cache
factory reset
cache reset
media reset
ande network mac change
have someone a info to do a backup with an

mdgomes

Jun 19, 2013
hello comunity

it is not possible for me to do a backup
android recovery system 3e
but i havent any funktion to save to sd card s
there a only
update from sd
update from cache
factory reset
cache reset
media reset
ande network mac change
have someone a info to do a backup with an

Hi again. Maybe i was wrong about the backup as i wrote all by memory.
Instead of using stock recovery, go to my previous posts and use CW Recovery. The same one you use to root and update your rom.
it's all there.

Any doubt just ask and better luck this time.

RaptorSDS

Aug 5, 2013
hi again also

next problem occur

when i install root_corby.zip i get the message , file signatur fail
when i use uImage_recovery i see only the coby screen for 3min and than the reboot
i dont trust the boot root corby.zip, because i have the 8gb version and not the 16gb , and also no install instruction for img files .

is there a another option to do a backup or get a other recovery version on the device

Last edited:

mdgomes

Jun 19, 2013
hi again also

next problem occur

when i install root_corby.zip i get the message , file signatur fail
when i use uImage_recovery i see only the coby screen for 3min and than the reboot
i dont trust the boot root corby.zip, because i have the 8gb version and not the 16gb , and also no install instruction for img files .

is there a another option to do a backup or get a other recovery version on the device

Hmm....

Are you sure you start your tablet the right way?
You have to place uImage_recovery and root_corby.zip on the sdcard
Then you turn on your device by holding power and volume up, release power key after 5 seconds but don't release volume up until you see CWRecovery.
You must be sure you are in cw recovery and not in stock recovery.
this is very important.

I think that being 8gb or 16gb doesn't matter for this purpose.

Already a few users did this and it went well.

About the reboot after 3 minutes, this model has some kind of timer that no matter what you do in recovery mode, it will restart even you do nothing. so its important to not play too much because if the tablet restarts in the middle of the process, it can be ruined.

so if you are not sure, first check your options and restart recovery after you are sure about what you will do. time is more than enough if you do everything correct.

Good luck

RaptorSDS

Aug 5, 2013
Hmm....

Are you sure you start your tablet the right way?
You have to place uImage_recovery and root_corby.zip on the sdcard
Then you turn on your device by holding power and volume up, release power key after 5 seconds but don't release volume up until you see CWRecovery.
You must be sure you are in cw recovery and not in stock recovery.
this is very important.

I think that being 8gb or 16gb doesn't matter for this purpose.

Already a few users did this and it went well.

About the reboot after 3 minutes, this model has some kind of timer that no matter what you do in recovery mode, it will restart even you do nothing. so its important to not play too much because if the tablet restarts in the middle of the process, it can be ruined.

so if you are not sure, first check your options and restart recovery after you are sure about what you will do. time is more than enough if you do everything correct.

Good luck

yes al with and without hold volume + down

but how i get img file on the device , without uImage ? with uImage ? or maybe vampire has some infos or idee?

RaptorSDS

Aug 5, 2013
no update
some infos
-> preinstalled ES Taskmanager say at info screen MID7060 with Dualcore and 1.2GHz
kernel 3.0.8-gde517c4-dirty

( not like other with only 0.8GHz ) only Play store missing at my device .
but i still happy with this device , its quite a good device with good quality

some apps i can install per apk , but without root many of them crash at startup. like Teamspeak

Last edited:

Diogo

Nov 23, 2013
Hello Guys
I also have a MID7060 and i am trying to root it to MID7065 as described above by mdgomes using the files 7065_root.zip first and them the stock_7065.
I am using cw recovery procedure and installed from the SD card successfully both files.
However after installation on power up the tablet shows the Coby logo and after a few seconds it shows the coby logo again with a loading circle below. Although this loading circle is moving, android never boot and a few seconds after the MID7060 reset. I am attaching an image for better clearance on the description. Any help? $2013-11-23 14.59.02.jpg

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
Hello Guys
I also have a MID7060 and i am trying to root it to MID7065 as described above by mdgomes using the files 7065_root.zip first and them the stock_7065.
I am using cw recovery procedure and installed from the SD card successfully both files.
However after installation on power up the tablet shows the Coby logo and after a few seconds it shows the coby logo again with a loading circle below. Although this loading circle is moving, android never boot and a few seconds after the MID7060 reset. I am attaching an image for better clearance on the description. Any help?

Restore your backup. Did you check the md5 checksums on the files you used ? Even if they match, recopy them to ext-sd and try again.

You might post your question on the root 7065 thread for more eyeballs on the problem.

Diogo

Nov 23, 2013
Hi tpaine. Thanks for your reply. I actually got it to work. It boots android and i can manage pass the initial screens for language, name, region etc using the touch screen.
However after a few seconds working the touch screen stops working. It completely freezes and only after a reset i can get it to work during a few seconds after it freezes again... Any ideas?
Regards

Restore your backup. Did you check the md5 checksums on the files you used ? Even if they match, recopy them to ext-sd and try again.

You might post your question on the root 7065 thread for more eyeballs on the problem.

Diogo

Nov 23, 2013
Hello mdgomes.

Could you sent me your dhd.ko and nvram.txt file?
Unfortunately i lost my backup.

Thanks

Back again to the same topic.

First of all none of this was my work. This is all vampirefo works so i thank him for it. I am jus gathering his information and posting it here.

This was the way i did it.
I chose the 2nd method.

First: i made a factory reset to make sure i had a clean backup in case i need it.

Second: i did a backup with the stock recovery (hold volume up and power for 5 sec. and release both)
then i copied the available files here 7065_root.zip and just extracted "uImage_recovery" and "Root_Coby_7065.zip" to the sdcard

Third: reboot again with the sdcard inserted but this time hold volume up and power but release only power after 5 sec. continue holding vol up until you see CW recovery.
there i choose "Install zip from sdcard" > "choose zip from sdcard", browsed to the zip file and let the magic happen. the tablet reboots again and it's rooted.

To update the tablet to 7065 rom:

using the same sdcard with the file "uImage_recovery" in there, copy to it the stock 7065 rom from here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-4/58416-stock-7065-rooted-rom.html#post285427

Reboot the tablet again get again into CW recovery and again choose install zip from sdcard and choose the stock 7065 zip file you have and wait.
i think it will reboot and you will have now a 7065.

Wifi won't work but it's just a matter of going to your old backup an bring the files "dhd.ko" (Root\lib\) and "nvram.txt" (Root\etc\wifi\40183\)
and replace them on your tablet with a file explorer that has acess to your root system.

Now, i wrote this mostly by memory as i did it a while ago so i hope there are no mistakes or something missing. so if anyone sees something wrong please tell me.

I also have a 16gb version but honestly that was the only available where i bought it.

I hope i was clear and useful.