Coby MID7065-8: Pre-Installed Flash (v. 10.2) Blocking Flash v. 11.1 Installation

LT1Silverhawk

Jul 15, 2013
Hi All,

I am new to this forum, as well as the world of Android.

I purchased a tablet, a Coby MID 7065-8. It has Android 4.0.4 and Flash 10.2.

I have been trying to install Flash Player 11.1 for Android 4.0 from the Flash Player Archives. The program downloads just fine. However, when I go to install it, I get the following message:

"An existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed."

I tried disabling it the pre-installed Flash, hoping that would allow the newer version to install, but no luck. I also cannot find a way to remove the pre-installed version.

Some extra info: the reason I am trying to download the newer version of Flash is because I'd like to be able to access Amazon Instant Videos and the current version isn't working. Also, I did try downloading the Mozilla browser to help things but got nowhere since the newer Flash won't install. The Photon browser seemed like it was streaming but it was rather difficult to use, especially with the ads.

For a couple of weeks after purchase, I was able to stream videos from Amazon using a pre-installed browser called "Browser", but that stopped after Amazon did an update to its online player.

Any help and guidance in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

LT1Silverhawk

Jul 15, 2013
Thank you Traveller and vampirefo for the info. I have never rooted anything before so I've got some reading and research ahead of me. I hope it will be ok to continue posting any questions I have in this thread.