Coby MID8042 Help

sparkwins

Feb 3, 2013
I followed the process (READ FIRST: Development Index and Root Utility ) just fine, and I booted into cwm and installed the custom rom, and it says install complete, everything looked liked it went okay, but it comes back to this screen that says ANDROID with the lights flashing across the name and doesn't do anything else? Even when I go back to cwm and install a different rom, or the one they recommend, it still comes back to this Andriod screen and that's it? Any help would be greatly apprecaited.

Now, even when I go back to stock recovery and reboot, it just goes to this Blank Screen with the name Andriod on it with light flashing across the letters, and sits there and does nothing else? Hopefully I didn't brick my new Coby MID8042 Tablet. I am new at this, but not to the computer world, just new to the tablet world and rooting, roms, etc. Thanks for any help.

No matter which rom I install it always goes back to this screen and stay there, won't do anything else. Even when it says before, almost like a bios that says it was successful?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
What custom ROM?
Did you make a system dump before starting?
Are you still able to get into recovery?

sparkwins

Feb 3, 2013
the custom rom with the article, 8042_4.0.4. I did do a system dump before starting, I followed the article word for word. I can get into Recovery, and I can recover and go back to my stock recovery, but when the tablet starts, it takes me right back to this Android screen and sits there. Thanks for your help,

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Do note that the very first boot after installing a ROM will take several minutes because Android has to send files to the dalvik cache as well as .android-secure. In addition, with the 4.0.4 custom ROM it has Google apps preinstalled and Android needs a little bit of time to get those set up correctly.

If it takes longer than about ten minutes then you'll know for certain you have an issue.