Coby MID8042: Stuck on Coby Logo

spade0824

Apr 28, 2015
i dont have system dump backup so thats why i cant restore it. is there any way to unbrick my tab??

spade0824

Apr 28, 2015
I have cwm recovery then a flash systemdump from other member using adb but it still cant boot.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Unless you had USB debugging enabled on the tablet, you're probably going to have to try and find a LiveSuite ROM to get your tablet functional. If you have CWM installed and not just the stock recovery, install a custom ROM from the forum.

spade0824

Apr 28, 2015
i already install the 8042 mobiz v2. but it stock on coby logo also. my tab bricked because i flash the dsboot.img uploaded by vampirefo. i change d boot.img using adb but nothings happen.

spade0824

Apr 28, 2015
how can i change d boot.img?? can i change it using cwm??pls give me a flashable.zip of it. tnx for d help

kevinthefixer

Developer
Feb 10, 2014
Flashing a custom ROM or a Nandroid should overwrite your bad boot.img if it is bad.

Try formatting /system, /data, and /cache in CWM, and re-flashing the ROM, or look for system dumps on this forum. And do a lot of reading, anything you find that might apply to your problem.

As always, make sure your battery is up before doing anything.

spade0824

Apr 28, 2015
i install cm9 and it works. my problem now is a touch driver. can u give me a folder of vendor?or how can i fix it??i dont have a backup of my system dump.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Use one of the other system dumps we have and use its vendor files. Be aware that this will be a trial and error process and that in the end none of the dumps may work.

spade0824

Apr 28, 2015
Use one of the other system dumps we have and use its vendor files. Be aware that this will be a trial and error process and that in the end none of the dumps will work.

how can i take d vendor files oj system dumps. what will be d process??

can u teach me how to do it??

Last edited by a moderator:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
As always you should have made a backup, you should flash 8042_Mobiz_V.2 not ds version, ds is for sdcard booting.

Had you made a backup, you would have your correct kernel and vendor folder that could be used with all the 8042 roms, now you have to do it the hardway trying to find the kernel and files you need from users who not only did things the right way, but took the time and effort to make and upload their files for others to use.

Anyway good luck to you.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

spade0824

Apr 28, 2015
As always you should have made a backup, you should flash 8042_Mobiz_V.2 not ds version, ds is for sdcard booting.

Had you made a backup, you would have your correct kernel and vendor folder that could be used with all the 8042 roms, now you have to do it the hardway trying to find the kernel and files you need from users who not only did things the right way, but took the time and effort to make and upload their files for others to use.

Anyway good luck to you.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk
what if i already installed that rom but d screen cant touch??i have no systemdump backup. what am i suppost to do to fix it??

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
You have to search through available dumps and test the files and hope it works on your tablet, Coby released at least 3 different versions of this tablet, so finding a match isn't 100%.

sent from my kingSing T1 via taptalk

spade0824

Apr 28, 2015
You have to search through available dumps and test the files and hope it works on your tablet, Coby released at least 3 different versions of this tablet, so finding a match isn't 100%.

sent from my kingSing T1 via taptalk

thank you for the help. i already restored my tab.