Coby MID8065 Recovery System

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I have a feeling @tpaine that your system dump might also be corrupt. since you have root, cant you just mount the system as RW and then just zip up the system folder using a file manager?

This is possible, we need a dump from a tablet that hasn't used the 7065 recovery.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Tablet

bludot

Nov 10, 2013
$log.JPGView attachment 11826So... I got logs :D Since I am using the 7065 recovery I decided to just use the twrp recovery. cant ruin my tablet more can I? anyways, I'm lazy so i posted pics

you dont know how long it took just to rotate it :/ stupid computer he he

Last edited:

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
I have a feeling @tpaine that your system dump might also be corrupt. since you have root, cant you just mount the system as RW and then just zip up the system folder using a file manager?

Will give this a try later today. I did make a cwm nandroid backup if you want to try it. Remember, this may be damaged. Haven't tried restoring this myself, ...not yet ready.

8065_CWM_Backup

Your bootloader arguments in recovery look like mine, pics at vamp's thread.

Last edited:

bludot

Nov 10, 2013
restoring via fake recovery (after updating via stock recovery) and there is an error while restoring system :/

woah! theres some progress: got a blank screen. so it booted further to some place.

running attempt 2:
differences: remove the empty system.tar and cache.tar and renamed system.tar.a to system.tar and did the same with cache.tar.a

Still error restoring system. wonder why :(

Last edited:

bludot

Nov 10, 2013
HOT DIGGITY DOG :D

got my tablet back :D

I used the system dump from before that @tpaine posted. the system from cwm was corrupt

I might have root now too :p

UPDATE: YUP got root :p thanks for all your help. maybe We can have people root via this backup? obbosed to the method of adb. It will wipe the tablet though.

Last edited:

bludot

Nov 10, 2013
if you backup the recovery via /dev/mtd/mtd3 i think thats recovery then you get the real recovery.

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012

I used the system dump from before that @tpaine posted. the system from cwm was corrupt

UPDATE: YUP got root :p thanks for all your help. maybe We can have people root via this backup? obbosed to the method of adb. It will wipe the tablet though.

Great news! Glad to hear it. Glad you exchanged your 7065 for a real 8065 !

Vampirefo uses a flashable zip for root, but other methods could work. My system backup has /bin/su so thats root I guess. Should have different busybox, too... Maybe thats part of the backup problem...?

Last edited:

jeffreyd015

Sep 15, 2014
Hi do you have the system you use to make your tablet work? can i use it? i badly need it to make my tablet work again.

vin2224

Jun 18, 2015

good day sir.
I really need your help.
i know this thread is very old but i hope that you can still teach me the step by step solution for this problem.
or you can just tell me the programs needed in order to fix this problem.
Thank You so Much in Advance!