Coby MID9042 WiFi Problems

May 4, 2013
I Have A Coby Kyros Mid9042 Im Having Trouble To Setup The Wifi It Scans For Wifi Then I Put The Password For Our Wifi It says (Saved,Secured With Wpa/Wpa2) With Excellent Signal Strength And It Doesnt Do Anything For A MinuteThen It Says Its Out Of Range I Need Help

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Is this a new tablet? Has WiFi ever work? Have you used livesuite on this tablet? What modifications have you done to the tablet?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Without telling us everything you did to get you to this point, it's really difficult to help you.

May 4, 2013
I scan For Wifi I Put In My Wifi Password After That It Says Its Not In Rage When It Had Excellent Signal

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013

iCameronRB

Oct 25, 2013
I just received the tablet from eBay. I went to Wifi settings and it shows all the near access points and when I try to connect to one, regardless if its "good" or "excellent" signal, it will sit there for about 10 seconds saying its saved, then all the near access points will disappear and the one I tried to connect to will say "not in range" even if I am standing right smack next to the router.

iCameronRB

Oct 25, 2013
Oh and yes I have factory reset it, installed ClockworkMod and did a wipe system/data. I even tried using a different ROM and it does the same thing.

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
A couple suggestions.

1. Create a new thread with your problem in the coby gen 3 forum.

2. Have you tried to log on to different access points?

3. Check the system dumps for a 9042 with perhaps different drivers that yours

Good luck

iCameronRB

Oct 25, 2013
It works with some access points and some it doesnt. i had to change the wireless channel on my router to channel 1 to get it to work. but there has to be some setting or configuration to change on the tablet to where it wont only work on channel 1. Also i did try to restore a dump that somebody posted and the problem still remained.

Last edited: