ell@android:/ # /sdcard/install-bootloader.sh
dcard/install-bootloader.sh
: /sdcard/install-bootloader.sh: cannot execute - Permission denied
6|shell@android:/ #
126|shell@android:/ # reboot-recovery
reboot-recovery
0+1 records in
1+0 records out

hmm... i did reboot-recovery just for kicks and giggles.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
\Android>adb push bootloader.img /sdcard/
50 KB/s (16777216 bytes in 4.255s)
\Android>
\Android>adb push install-bootloader.sh /sdcard/
KB/s (186 bytes in 0.003s)
\Android>adb shell
hell@android:/ $ chmod 755 /sdcard/install-bootloader.sh
chmod 755 /sdcard/install-bootloader.sh
able to chmod /sdcard/install-bootloader.sh: Operation not permitted
|shell@android:/ $ su
u
ell@android:/ # chmod 755 /sdcard/install-bootloader.sh
hmod 755 /sdcard/install-bootloader.sh
ell@android:/ # /sdcard/install-bootloader.sh
dcard/install-bootloader.sh
: /sdcard/install-bootloader.sh: cannot execute - Permission denied
6|shell@android:/ #
126|shell@android:/ # reboot-recovery
reboot-recovery
0+1 records in
1+0 records out

hmm... i did reboot-recovery just for kicks and giggles.

try above new commands, my sdcards are ext4 yours is fat32, cause you use windows so you needed more commands.

jmblouin

Oct 28, 2012
adb push bootloader.img /sdcard/bootloader.img

adb shell

su

mount -o remount,rw /system

exit
exit

adb push install-bootloader.sh /system/bin/install-bootloader.sh

adb shell

su

chmod 755 /system/bin/install-bootloader.sh

/system/bin/install-bootloader.sh

reboot-recovery

Sorry so much easier on Linux, windows requires more input.

C:\Android>adb shell
shell@android:/ $ su
su
shell@android:/ # mount -o remount,rw /system
mount -o remount,rw /system
shell@android:/ # exit
exit
shell@android:/ $ exit
exit
C:\Android>adb push install-bootloader.sh /system/bin/install-bootloader.sh
failed to copy 'install-bootloader.sh' to '/system/bin/install-bootloader.sh': P
ermission denied
C:\Android>

can I get the file from my pc from shell?

Last edited:

jmblouin

Oct 28, 2012
This is why I dont provide support for windows, it needs to much help to do simple commands.
adb shell
busybox cp /sdcard/install-bootloader.sh /system/bin/install-bootloader.sh

YES IT WORKED I CAN SEE AGAIN!!!!! You have taught me alot! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate this!

So my partial dump did come in handy.

Now the rom you posted earlier does not boot. It makes the colors look like windows in 256 mode and pushes the coby boot to the right lower hand corner( not all the way just off center) same for the android boot logo. than the screen is blank.

edit: could I replace that roms bootloader.img with my own to fix this problem?

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
YES IT WORKED I CAN SEE AGAIN!!!!! You have taught me alot! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate this!

So my partial dump did come in handy.

Now the rom you posted earlier does not boot. It makes the colors look like windows in 256 mode and pushes the coby boot to the right lower hand corner( not all the way just off center) same for the android boot logo. than the screen is blank.

edit: could I replace that roms bootloader.img with my own to fix this problem?

yes restore your bootloader.img and your boot.img

a lot of these devices are just a little bit different that's what its so important to make backup, that way one restores their tablet using the software that came with it.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
what we need is for people with the latest version of Coby tablets to make dumps and upload them before they make any modification to their tablets.

jmblouin

Oct 28, 2012
yes restore your bootloader.img and your boot.img

a lot of these devices are just a little bit different that's what its so important to make backup, that way one restores their tablet using the software that came with it.

I replaced the boot and bootloader with my own and successfully booted my tablet. Thank you

How do I turn the mouse function off(where you drag the circle around instead of tap to touch)?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I replaced the boot and bootloader with my own and successfully booted my tablet. Thank you

How do I turn the mouse function off(where you drag the circle around instead of tap to touch)?

settings >developer options > show touches uncheck

jmblouin

Oct 28, 2012
settings >developer options > show touches uncheck

Tried that. Heres a video of whats happening.

Ignore the music... my video editor on my phone made me.....

The device physically is a twin to the mid9742-8 Obviously not hardware wise but most of the hardware worked right after the screen was flipped( both cameras worked touch screen was the right direction).

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ment/49945-busybox-do-you-have-right-one.html

Very helpful posting thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I don't know what that is, if some else uploads a 9740 dump, you can install it, may fix this may not. My guess this is a touch screen driver ghost, meaning the touch screen drivers are just a little different from your version The drivers are causing your screen to think a certain option has been enabled even though it hasn't.

jmblouin

Oct 28, 2012
I don't know what that is, if some else uploads a 9740 dump, you can install it, may fix this may not. My guess this is a touch screen driver ghost, meaning the touch screen drivers are just a little different from your version The drivers are causing your screen to think a certain option has been enabled even though it hasn't.

Agreed.
In the mean time since a had a chance to make a nandroid backup I did some playing around. I looked through the build prop of the 9742 and found ro.sf.hwrotation=180. I went ahead and changed it to ro.sf.hwrotation= and flashed a copy of stock 9742 onto my tablet. This worked with 2 problems that I found.
1. Upside down video playback in youtube, crackle and video playback.
2. Not being able to see the internal sd card.

With the 9042 rom that you linked I was able to see the internal sd card but not the external so I checked out the vold.fstab. On the 9042 dump it reads
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/virtual/block/nandk
and on the 9742 dump it reads
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/virtual/block/nandi
How do I get it to read both?

edit 11-24-12: i have learned that changing this only makes both sd card locations unreadable. I have a lot to learn.

I remembered that on my 9742-8 tablet that when I flashed the mobiz v2 rom it flipped the video. So what I did is edited the build.prop like i did on the stock 9742 rom, flashed the rom, flashed my boot.img than fixed permissions and was able to boot mobiz v2 rom with working: touch screen, screen direction, video playback in the right direction. Not working: cannot see both internal sd card and external at the same time. currently I can only see the external(which I will probably flip since I cannot take photos or videos until I do). Also I can only see one camera (rear facing). This was the same when I flashed the mobiz rom to my mid9742 tablet. So if I was able to fix the sd card issue the mobiz 2 rom would work just a little better on the mid9740 rom than the mid9742.

Last edited: