Coby Tablet 7022 | 1125 | 1126 | 8127 Update ICS Android 4.0 - Is This True?

zorbar

May 15, 2012
Hello there,

I've a Coby 1125 and for so long i'm searching for the ICS update. Today i was surfing Youtube and i've found this video. It's in German language, but i think everybody can understand it.
It's possible that this update can bring the ICS to our MID1125 (and other models)?

Video:
[video]http://www.youtube.com/embed/rBWeo_rEdcU[/video]

If anyone test it, please tell me if it works.

Thanks

Marco

zorbar

May 15, 2012
More news on Consumer Entertainment Products for Home, Office or On the Go! | COBY

$update ICS.jpg

more details on: Consumer Entertainment Products for Home, Office or On the Go! | COBY

If MID1125 can get ICS, it's very good news.

But I've read already some complains of HDMI not working.:(

Marco

piratesscareme

Aug 15, 2011
You can try it. The worst that would happen is it won't boot. You would have to then go back into recovery and restore from your backup. If you do try it let us know if it works or not. My suspicion is that it will not work. I have not looked up both systems to see if the insides are the same. I am guessing they are not. You can always follow what I wrote in that thread about how I was able to update from the german update and try the same for your tablet. When you do it you can try to save the update file and then we could make a zip for other 1125 owners. If you can save that file I should be able to make a zip with superuser and gapps.

Pixelpump

May 15, 2012
This is fantastic news. I tried to upgrade my mid1126 but I was told the serial number of my device was not recognized...

strung

May 15, 2012
Hi

It seems you need to watch the german video on youtube and just change the last two digits at the end of the serial.

I have read that this update is working for MID1125 but i have not tested.

piratesscareme: How to proceed if after ICS update i am not satisfied and i want to restore coby GB2.3.3 backup performed with Clockworkmod 5.0 ? Can i flash again recovery with fastboot and restore from backup or ICS update change something and locked the recovery ? (if you have some skills, it will help me to test or provide a full backup of ics for mid1125).

Thanks

zorbar

May 15, 2012
Hi

It seems you need to watch the german video on youtube and just change the last two digits at the end of the serial.

I don't know if it's that easy. Video on Youtube was done using 1126, I've a 1125 maybe SN are different. I don't know if when you insert your SN, the app do some kind of cross check with some kind of database in their server.

Regards

Marco

Pixelpump

May 15, 2012
Ok, so I tried the serial number trick (stepping up from the one in the video (It's 101110010351 if any one is interested.) So it all seemed good, but alas, it seems to have stalled out at "Downloading Update..." Argh... so tantalizingly close.

Has anyone had any success downloading the update?

**** UPDATE****

Ok, a factory reset seems to have done the trick. ICS is now installed on my Mid1126 :) Reading the comments from the Youtube video, some folks seemed to complain of WIFI problems, but so far so good here. Everything seems to be working.

Last edited:

zorbar

May 15, 2012
Ok, a factory reset seems to have done the trick. ICS is now installed on my Mid1126 :) Reading the comments from the Youtube video, some folks seemed to complain of WIFI problems, but so far so good here. Everything seems to be working.

That is good news. I've noticed after translate the german comentaries on you tube, that some people also complain about HDMI not working. If someone got it right on MID1125, please tell me. Until now Coby Germany didn't reply to me about SN issue. let's see if they can say something.

Regards

Cat88

May 19, 2012
Warning! 4.0 update does not work on Coby Kyros.I am from Germany and phoned Coby Germany, they say it would be better to wait until there is a patch for it on their website.
I have seen so many owners, which have upgraded to 4.0, who wish to get back to version 2.3.
What i would asked for, I have seen youtube videos of installation of android market and flash player on the coby tablets.
Does this really work?
And if i would try this can i do any harm to the tablet?
Many thanks so far !

Pixelpump

May 15, 2012
Well after running 4.0.3 for a couple days I can say that it's pretty buggy yet. Haven't tried HDMI yet but Wifi seems to be hit and miss. Sometimes it drops for no good reason. Sometimes I might get 1Kbps sometimes 10 Mbps. Intermittent lockups. I tried installing the market, with no success. Also none of the main google apps seem to work... Gmail, Google+ etc. Other than that, lol, it's actually pretty good... full of potential.

Hopefully Coby releases a patch or something soon.

dakillah3

May 21, 2012
When i did the update on my 1125 , I had a signed gapps zip file( ics version) on sd card. i went to recovery and downloaded it. i had to sign into google and etc when i booted the tablet up. After that all my gapps work. but a problem I seen was the wifi was buggy. Other than that, this is a cool tablet with ics:D

JonsZX2SR

Jan 30, 2012
Hi

I have read that this update is working for MID1125 but i have not tested.

piratesscareme: How to proceed if after ICS update i am not satisfied and i want to restore coby GB2.3.3 backup performed with Clockworkmod 5.0 ? Can i flash again recovery with fastboot and restore from backup or ICS update change something and locked the recovery ? (if you have some skills, it will help me to test or provide a full backup of ics for mid1125).

Thanks

I have a Kyros 1126. Apparently the 7022, 8127, 8128, 1125, 1125WAN and 1126 have German (possibly Europeasn) supported upgrades to ICS 4.0.3.

...and the upgrade did work, although I changed the last three digits, downloaded the install file and upgraded to ICS 4.0.3.

Things seem mostly functional, but a bit slow. I didn't back up Gingerbread 2.3.3 so I may be in trouble. I'm installing apk's now.

Netflix 1.7 doesn't seem to stream video properly. If I drop back to Netflix 1.5.2 which worked fine under GB 2.3.3 I get a do you want to upgrade message. Instead of streaming video if I hit cancel, the stream quits completely.

I'm going to play with this a while. What I have wanted to get is a 8127 and since this is supported, i might just get rid of both the 8125 and 1126 i have while seeking a good used 8127.

Well after running 4.0.3 for a couple days I can say that it's pretty buggy yet. Haven't tried HDMI yet but Wifi seems to be hit and miss. Sometimes it drops for no good reason. Sometimes I might get 1Kbps sometimes 10 Mbps. Intermittent lockups. I tried installing the market, with no success. Also none of the main google apps seem to work... Gmail, Google+ etc. Other than that, lol, it's actually pretty good... full of potential.

Hopefully Coby releases a patch or something soon.

I agree, waiting for a patch, although Coby may deny access to North American users, since this isn't officially supported. More later.

Last edited: