Coby Tablet 7022 | 1125 | 1126 | 8127 Update ICS Android 4.0 - Is This True?

Kiiv

Jun 13, 2012
I think the update process is completely independant from the availability of this page. This page is just here to give changelog and provide the link to the UpdateAndroid.apk which will make the real update on the device.
You can try to download this file again (here is the link http://coby.upgrade-android.com/apps/UpgradeAndroid.apk) if you want to be sure to have the latest version of the updater.

But if you prefer to acquire a 8127 I'll not try to stop you ! It should be good news for me too ^^

JonsZX2SR

Jan 30, 2012
I have the .apk, I'm reluctant to risk crashing the ICS 4.0.3 installation on my 1126.

I had an 8125 that I gave away because of limits from the single point resistive screen. I like the 8" screen for mobile computing and kept a usb keyboard case. I picked up an 8042 this morning so I'm set.

Last edited:

zorbar

May 15, 2012
And it seems Coby Germany made another change to the text in the update webpage. As i can read, they are now supporting only the tablets bought in Germany. And i was thinking that Coby was a worldwide brand :(

New added text:
This applies for all devices sold in Germany. If your serial number is not recognized and you have a german tablet ( default language is/was German) please contact our hotline.

JonsZX2SR

Jan 30, 2012
So are Coby tablets sold in other parts of Europe such as France, England, Spain, Italy and Portugal supported by a different organization ??

I think Coby Germany is well aware that users have been upgrading non-German tablets. It doesn't look like Germany will get the 3rd generation products in the next few months, so 4.0.3 support is a stopgap measure. Still, it would be better for Coby to support their products worldwide and give people confidence about buying the new stuff.

I still see the old website that is down for technical reasons when I log in. In Spain, Portugal and France you may get the message you are posting. I expect to be in Austria, Switzerland, Germany and France in Sept, and I will be curious to check the website.

The difference could be different marketing strategies for different regions. North America got the 3rd generation products, so one might expected no support for an upgrade to 4.0.3. Recently I picked up an 8042 to replace the 8125 I sold. However, I continue to play with my 1126 already upgraded to 4.0.3. The one downside with the 8042 is it comes with 4 GB storage, while the 9042, 9742, 1042 and 1045 come with 8 GB. With the Coby implementation of 4.0.3 there seems to be a limit on even the onboard 4 GB and I am having a problem with the 1126. Let's see how if deal with this better in the 3rd generation tablets.

Last edited:

Gumby68

Dec 26, 2011
I upgraded my 1126 last night with that update and so far no issues. I got the info from an individual from Kyros Tablet Zone. So far so good (knock on wood).

zorbar

May 15, 2012
Hello there,

I'm still facing some problems with Wifi signal going up and down. But my major problem is to be able to see videos on webpages. If i go to youtube (or any other page with video) i click the black square and i can't see the video. some users can see video with latest update, others like me can't.
Do you know any solution?
P.S. - yes, I've flash player installed.

Pixelpump

May 15, 2012
Does anyone know how to overcome the problem of the update stalling on reboot with the exclamation mark? I had read that it might be because of low disk space on the download but I did a factory reset and came up with the same problem...

ryancut

Jul 7, 2012
Does anyone know how to overcome the problem of the update stalling on reboot with the exclamation mark? I had read that it might be because of low disk space on the download but I did a factory reset and came up with the same problem...

What you need to do is temporarily flash the stock recovery onto the tablet. Follow this guide. After you've done that reboot the tablet normally and run the update, this time when the tablet reboots the new update will recognize the stock recovery software and will proceed with installation. Once the update installs you can reinstall clockworkmod. I had the same problem as you and this solved it.

zorbar

May 15, 2012
What you need to do is temporarily flash the stock recovery onto the tablet. Follow this guide. After you've done that reboot the tablet normally and run the update, this time when the tablet reboots the new update will recognize the stock recovery software and will proceed with installation. Once the update installs you can reinstall clockworkmod. I had the same problem as you and this solved it.

Hi Ryancut,

just one quick question. Stock recovery of 7022 is the same for the 1125? i can use it?

regards

lberrada

Jul 19, 2012
hello strung,

plz could you provide me a link to dowload the custom rom from KTZ Forum that you have (i have mid1125).

merci beaucoup !

lberrada

Jul 19, 2012
Hello domagoj,

could you please post or give me a link to download the MID 1125 recovery image.

thank you so much.

zorbar

May 15, 2012
(SOLVED) Hi there
Is there any way to remove a secondary google account without Factory reset? I've installed trough CWM, a nandroid backup from another user that was working well with some problems that i had with mine.
After install his version, i've noticed that his backup had his google account. I've created a new one (mine) and tryed to remove the other user account, but system just says that i need to make a factory reset. As this rom already have google apps and other apps installed, i didn't wish to make everything again.
Regards
Zorbar

HERE IS THE SOLUTION IF SOMEONE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM:

You can do this if your phone is rooted:
All you have to do is use Root
Explorer and go to /data/system/ find accounts.db and rename it to
accounts.db.bak so I could just name it back if I had a problem instead of doing
a restore. I also did a Nandroid backup.. Reboot your phone and goto
settings>accounts and sync>add account and your good to go!!!!

**I
would definitely recommend doing a NANDROID backup before, just in case you
delete the wrong file accidentally.

Thanks to alegalalien user in Androidforums.com for the tip.

Last edited:

XPyrion

Aug 7, 2012
I just got the latest. I hope it is better. Mine would lock up if I kept the wireless on with the first update.

Last edited:

ThaMasterT

Aug 8, 2012
Hey,

I have some problems when updating to ics on 1125.

1. the wifi issue: it just tells me "turning wifi on" and nothing happens. no wifi
2. when installting with recovery mode some zips to fix this or to update to other roms i found here Coby Kyros Free Roms - Login

and here http://cobykyros.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=tutorials&action=display&thread=20 it just keeps me in a loop at the android logo after the first coby logo when booting. when i do it (flashing) again and again after a while i can boot to ics finally. so these loops are random?

if there is anybody who can provide me a gingerbread rom, I would really appreciate that! please help me out of here... ;(

I cant solve this so I searched around for downgrading solutions to gingerbread.

unfortunately i cant find any roms. you managed this I read so I would kindly ask you if you can provide me a gingerbread rom to flash. thank you very much. it would be a great help for me..!