Coby Tablet 7022 | 1125 | 1126 | 8127 Update ICS Android 4.0 - Is This True?

JonsZX2SR

Jan 30, 2012
This is all well and good, but as i stated above I'm new to Android and still learning. How and where do i download Clockwork mod ?? I have limited access to the broken tablet via a USB link to my laptop ? Is there a link you can suggest for someone who is still learning how to work with Android and how to install a new ROM /

Thanks.

zorbar

May 15, 2012
my first impressions of 4.1.1 on my MID1125.
Jelly Bean seems better, more fluid, resolution is better also, but that's it. Coby as told before by another user, decided to go straight to JB and let the problems to be solved later.
I got the "mirror" screen effect also, this time the update process went well, application replaces CWM by stock recovery during the process.
Wifi still with ups and downs, Flash seems not to work well as i can't see streaming video, Can't install apps in SD either.
I've managed to install the CWM again, but it was impossible to root it using super one click or trough recovery.
Cardwriter (an user in another forum) have a solution to root the device (see here: Coby Kyros Free Roms - Login). I didn't tested because i've restored my previous ICS backup.
By the way, i've tried also to install gapps without sucess...

AFPT

Jun 11, 2012
i ended up going back to gingerbread... again...

it doesn't look as good, it's not made for tablets so things don't look very good in landscape mode but... wi-fi is fast and reliable, it's stable, and it's fast!

the negatives are the missing accounts & sync option in settings even though i installed gapps... and app availability in play store with unmodified build.prop is much more limited than in ICS or JB...

Dsoto

Aug 16, 2012
i ended up going back to gingerbread... again...

it doesn't look as good, it's not made for tablets so things don't look very good in landscape mode but... wi-fi is fast and reliable, it's stable, and it's fast!

the negatives are the missing accounts & sync option in settings even though i installed gapps... and app availability in play store with unmodified build.prop is much more limited than in ICS or JB...

Can you point out where you got the GB ROM! I really wanna go back to GB

xyphoid

Aug 20, 2012
has anyone heard anything on the flash issue, or figured out a solution? my coby 1125 works now with 4.0.3 but update failed on the restart. i guess i could try to follow the mentioned solution' but would it even help with flash issue?

TabletGinger

Oct 17, 2012
Hello!

I have MPMAN 726 table that's some copy of Kyros MID7022 in my device status is model listed as MID7022. So i want to know if i can insall ICS 4.0 or the German update ICS 4.0.3 on my tablet?

Thanks for reply

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
Hello!

I have MPMAN 726 table that's some copy of Kyros MID7022 in my device status is model listed as MID7022. So i want to know if i can insall ICS 4.0 or the German update ICS 4.0.3 on my tablet?

Thanks for reply

They only way to find out is to try it.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

TabletGinger

Oct 17, 2012
It's working:) I have CWM 4 and I did backup of stock ROM then I install ICS from Filipicamo from this post http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-2-development/38989-ics-7022-a.html

Only problem is that the NAND memory is not recognized, only SD Card is recognized but I can't move installed application to SD card it says there is no enough space.
So all apps i have installed is now on internal memory but is very small so i want to put apps on NAND or SD card.

There is one pup up of system android it says you need to activate you update and enter serial number but my is invalid of MPMAN.

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
It's working:) I have CWM 4 and I did backup of stock ROM then I install ICS from Filipicamo from this post http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-2-development/38989-ics-7022-a.html

Only problem is that the NAND memory is not recognized, only SD Card is recognized but I can't move installed application to SD card it says there is no enough space.
So all apps i have installed is now on internal memory but is very small so i want to put apps on NAND or SD card.

There is one pup up of system android it says you need to activate you update and enter serial number but my is invalid of MPMAN.

Since this is a german update the serial number pop-up will persist. As for the space/sdcard issue I found a work-around just look for the 1gb data space thread. But first make sure to read the post at least 2 times before you do the process.

TabletGinger

Oct 17, 2012
Since this is a german update the serial number pop-up will persist. As for the space/sdcard issue I found a work-around just look for the 1gb data space thread. But first make sure to read the post at least 2 times before you do the process.

I sucessfully remove SN pup up by using number from german video just replace the last three numbers. I still having problems with slow youtube and Adobe Flash 11.3 that I installed and I ran the app which open the Browser with adobe site but the site is silver.

Is there any new version of ICS for MID7022, I'm using mid7022_ICS_update.zip by Filipicamo in post is writen like that file is update (0013) but in system information is my Working version: CaribeanSunset_v 1.1.0001

zorbar

May 15, 2012
Hello All,

There is a new update from Coby German. The update is downloaded over the air and it's more or less 11MB.

Build Number GreenDemon V1.0.0023

What's new:
wireless lan issues after standby , no more reconnect needed

standby bug, no more wakeups
install apps made for older android builds

Regards