Coby Tablet MID8127

Kidder

Apr 13, 2012
I have just got an Coby tablet,Kyros MID8127 but it will not connect to my home router for love nor money.Currently running 2 iPads & 2 laptops off the same router with no ounce of trouble whatsoever,also iPhones too have no trouble connecting.My router ia a Zoom ADSL X6....could do with some advice in truth before I send it back.Also had a cell phone using Andriod which had the complete same problem.Hence,never used the phone at all.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Changing security settings from WPA/WPA2 to WEP has worked for some folks. You might also try resetting the router and setting your channel to a channel number lower than 11. That's all I've got, hope it works.

Kidder

Apr 13, 2012
Changing security settings from WPA/WPA2 to WEP has worked for some folks. You might also try resetting the router and setting your channel to a channel number lower than 11. That's all I've got, hope it works.

Thank you for the reply....without sounding idiotic,how do I achieve the above ? All I've ever done is installed the router and it's worked.Would it be fair to say that my router is allergic to Andriod devices (said tongue in cheek) cos it seems that way.I also have an Acer Netbook,runs Windows XP that also has Android as an option installed.Whenever that is turned on it knocks any other devices connected to Wi-Fi off....

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
how do I achieve the above ?

You should find all that in the settings for your router. If not, check the website for the router and see if there's an online manual or FAQ that would tell you how to do it. While you're at it, also check to see if there's a firmware update for the router. If so, they may have fixed some problems that way.