coby wont restart in recovery

xxkhbxx

Apr 6, 2011
i followed directions to a TEE on my 7015 and im using the terminal method followed all of the steps and when i reboot recovery it just starts out into the regualar recovery.. plz help thank you all

xxkhbxx

Apr 6, 2011
Please someone help. I'm trying to do it for my 67 yr old dad and want him to have the best experience. Thank you

boddah4

Mar 15, 2011
i followed directions to a TEE on my 7015 and im using the terminal method followed all of the steps and when i reboot recovery it just starts out into the regualar recovery.. plz help thank you all

I would try to help but I do not know what you mean by "reboo recovery" and "regular recovery."

xxkhbxx

Apr 6, 2011
I would try to help but I do not know what you mean by "reboo recovery" and "regular recovery."

When I do all the steps in terminal. I do reboot recovery to boot into clockwork recovery it doesn't. It just boots up into the regular android recovery. From there I can't flash gapps etc..

xxkhbxx

Apr 6, 2011
This should work. I make sure I am holding down the back/silver button before turning the power on.

Well when I do restart I get the triangle exclamation picture then I hit the back button and it loads up to android recovery. But ill try your method when I get home

WhiteWhiskers

Mar 11, 2011
when I do restart I get the triangle exclamation picture then I hit the back button and it loads up to android recovery
I think I know what's wrong because it happened to my 7015 after I reverted back to stock and then rooted a second time.
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-using-update-7015a-step-step-process-10.html
In case the link doesn't work here is the solution, "If it reverts to stock recovery, you need to rename or delete /system/etc/install-recovery.sh. That script detects changes to the recovery partition and overwrites them. After you delete that script and install recovery.img, it wil be permanent."

So after you flash the ClockworkMod recovery file and make all the other changes, make sure you rename or delete the install-recovery.sh file

xxkhbxx

Apr 6, 2011
I think I know what's wrong because it happened to my 7015 after I reverted back to stock and then rooted a second time.
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-using-update-7015a-step-step-process-10.html
In case the link doesn't work here is the solution, "If it reverts to stock recovery, you need to rename or delete /system/etc/install-recovery.sh. That script detects changes to the recovery partition and overwrites them. After you delete that script and install recovery.img, it wil be permanent."

So after you flash the ClockworkMod recovery file and make all the other changes, make sure you rename or delete the install-recovery.sh file

I looked and all I have in that folder is install-recovery.sh.bak

xxkhbxx

Apr 6, 2011
What should I do. I've rooted two of my android phones in the past and this I can't figure out. I mean the terminal is taking the commands with no errors so why isn't it working! ;(

AeroToxin

Mar 28, 2011
Here's what I did to install clockworkmod recovery on my tablet. In the terminal emulator, I put in these commands:
SU
mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
reboot recovery

I did that twice now, and it worked both times.
(I got these commands from a tutorial video on youtube, so I dont take credit for them)

Orutanga

Aug 4, 2011
Here's what I did to install clockworkmod recovery on my tablet. In the terminal emulator, I put in these commands:
SU
mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
reboot recovery

I did that twice now, and it worked both times.
(I got these commands from a tutorial video on youtube, so I dont take credit for them)

I am looking for help I have somehow enabled the fast boot on my Kyros and can not get into the Clockwork mod. I have tried the install-recovery.sh but I have no such file at all. I have looked over and over again and have tried installing the recovery.img twice now to try to fix this problem but each time I reboot into recovery I get the blue txt stating the device has entered fastboot mode. Can some one please help me get out of fastboot mode.

4bddn

Dec 27, 2011
I am looking for help I have somehow enabled the fast boot on my Kyros and can not get into the Clockwork mod. I have tried the install-recovery.sh but I have no such file at all. I have looked over and over again and have tried installing the recovery.img twice now to try to fix this problem but each time I reboot into recovery I get the blue txt stating the device has entered fastboot mode. Can some one please help me get out of fastboot mode.

i have this same exact problem. any ideas?

cadiman

Dec 30, 2011
If you used the link here for rooting make sure you put the space in.... recovery /sdcard. There was a
misprint and correction in that thread. ( second to the last input command )

Also it will not work with a 7015A. At least it didn`t for me It was an older post ment for the 7015.

I know what you are talking about "triangle with android bot. Then it will just come up in reboot. The good thing is nothing bad happens!

Find out if you have a 7015A before going any further. I used the root method on youtube. It is a bit different.

Last edited: