Cobyusa.com update.zip for 7015 5-19-11

eruby

May 17, 2011
1st let me say I am new to this forum, tablets, and Android OS. I did try a search before submitting this.

I just ordered my Coby 7015 from my bank credit card rewards points so basically it was free. I'm reading up on the device before it arrives. I went out to the www.cobyusa.com site and went to the 7015 product page and was going to download the update.zip file for the 7015. I don't know if it's me, my eyes, or just plain stupidity but i cannot find that download anywhere. I even went to the support page and found this (below) but still cannot find the download. What am I doing wrong?

from COBY - Coby Kyros Support "Start by going to our website COBY Electronics - Consumer Entertainment Products for Home, Office or On the Go! to download the zip file to your computer. The file can be found on the main page for the MID7015. It is titled "UPDATE.ZIP"."

eruby

May 17, 2011
OK found it - thanks driggs. Thanks for the link. 54M zipped - wow. Still don't see how you get there from the main website but guess that doesn't matter anymore.

So, when I get my tablet, look at the "About Device" and if it reads 7015A, I do not need to perform this upgrade (based on the instructions)? Just want to make sure I'm setting this up correctly before I root.

driggs

Apr 22, 2011
That is correct. If you are going to root, you may want to check out my post to Edgar's thread. It is just a collection of links on this site, but you may find it useful.

Apr 28, 2011
If it does say 7015A u do not need to apply the update. If is only 7015, you need a micro SDHC memory card to do the update. If you do not have a memory card the update wont work. If you dont want to root it just yet, just to get the hang of it for a few days or so, like i did just for a while tho, I recommend getting dolphin HD browser, i like it the most, and if u dont want it, that is ur opinion. Another thing I recommend is the opera mobile store. U can download opera mobile browser, or go to mobilestore.opera.com. Wont work on a normal comp, but will work on the tablet. I hate opera browser, but i use the store thru dolphin and works nice. It has alot of free apps that AppsLIB (which sucks) does not have. Even if u do root it, I still recommend the opera mobile store.

sercero

May 20, 2011
Hello eruby, before applying the update go to settings -> About device, and check the Build number.

If it says "MID7015A 1.6a 01/26/11" then you have the latest firmware.

Cheers

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Interesting.. I should make a HCMOD-Patch for this Won't change the core operations just give you the HoneyComb features but some pre-programming to speed up the performance.

farhan

Jul 17, 2012
I have coby mid 7010 i m having big problem i have installed getjar into my tablet, i can load every software but but i can not install when i click to install after few second msg come (application not installed) plz help me what should i do