Colby 7127 Replaced, how to make it useful?

budcurts

Jan 1, 2012
My trashed (Couldn't get past the Android screen) Colby 7127 was replaced by Colby at no charge. I'm counting my lucky stars, and trying to walk the fine line of making the tablet functional while not trashing it again. I don't think they will be so generous on the second replacement round. This tablet like the original does not have the Settings->Account settings menu item, so I don't think I will be able to set up my GMAIL account.

Is there any way I can have the GMAIL app and the Calendar synced with my GMAIL account from the tablet?

It is my understanding that the existing calender app that comes with the tablet is only capable of supporting Microsoft Exchange. Is that correct? If it is should I just uninstall it?:confused:

Perhaps the best question is: What are the best set of steps to make this tablet functional (mail, calendar, Google Docs, etc..) for an ordinary person? It certainly doesn't come that way in my opinion.;)

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
The main thing with any tablet is to make backups, then if something goes wrong then you can install your backups. And start over with a new tablet.

budcurts

Jan 1, 2012
That and set the USB debugging on in case you need access from your PC.

jpisini

Dec 29, 2011
I'll have to research but I found files to allow the calendar and contacts on my mid7127 to sync with my Google account here on this site. They weren't specific to the 7127 but were specific to the Coby. There is also a quick settings app that gives you access to the feature you are looking for. It is on our tablets but hidden this app gives access to it. I am at work right now and don't have the time to do a full search. You can do what you want though if you can't find it post back and I'll look when I get home.