Colby kyros mid7120

MIG

Nov 21, 2011
I realize no one mentioned the Colby MID7120. Have anyone heard about the new tablet? or old?

smalcom

Oct 15, 2011
There is a 7022 (older) and very well established and the 7127 (newer) and similar to the 7022. Not sure about a 7120.

Sent from my MID7127 using Android Tablet Forum

MIG

Nov 21, 2011
No is a newer model called Colby Kyros MID7120. Trust me I looked it over and over to makesure the model number is correct lol.

theshandan

Nov 23, 2011
I have this tablet, it says it's a ARM 11 (800MHz) processor, 256 MB RAM, PC interface USB 2.0 Hi-speed Android 2.3,does anybody know if there's a chance I can get netflix to run on this, or is my processor too lame?

pearljame

Dec 23, 2011
I can not use NetFlix 1.5.2 because the video is catching ... does not help because after installing the 1.2.1 login message that needs to upgrade to the current version ... Its version 1.5.2 to be normal on my tablet coby 7120?

[]s

energythief

Dec 27, 2011
In my opinion, the device needs rooted and overclocked. I have been on the hunt for root method this device will take. unfortunatley i have not come across a tutorial or method to aquire root. I have rooted many devices, but am not a programmer so custom root method from the ground up is not what im capable of doing.

On a side note, Getting the android market on the device is easy peasy. Look of the Prospekta channel on you tube and follow the Kyros 7022 for getting this on the device. from there aquire a better launcher, launcher pro, qqlauncher, zeam launcher, turn off all animations, transitions, anything that requires memory or heavu cpu usage, and youll have a much better running device.

MX player, WILL play .avi and .mpeg movies loaded onto the Nand internal storage (3 gb, more or less) or an SD card (up to 16gb) loaded from the port on the bottom of the device ( where all the ports are) U will need the ARM6 codec downloadable from the market, the real market, for this app. If you install the MX player app first, upon first loading the app, it will recognize you need the arm6 codec and link you to the market for download. At first audio may not be heard, but going into settings,once a movie is playing and select the file format that is being played, and toggle s/w codec i believe.

If you need help with this, hit me up. But it works.

another thing. Flash player will need to be loaded on this device, to watch flash content. look on XDA forums for flash 10.1 fixed, hulu fix ( all .apk files that will need to be installed from outside the market.) download the file, install onto NAND or External SD card, us ES File manger, and locate .apk on storage and finally install. No two devices are exactly alike, truly, so of flash 10.1 doesnt work, try.10.2,10.3