Color 2 Details

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
That's a good find. Nice to see the RAM is 1 GB. Just my opinion but the NC2 seems to have the Fire beat all the way around. Having the ability to run any ROM and greater access to apps and supprted media formats as well as better specs seems to easily be worth the price difference in this case.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
This thing sounds sweet, I kind of wish it had Gorilla Glass like the Kindle Fire (at least I don't think it does) but the IPS screen, ram and microsd almost make buying the Kindle over this kind of silly unless you are indeed buying purely a media consumption device, and then it is Amazon server side functionality that you are investing in.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

KaiserJeep

Nov 14, 2011
The specs in the ZDNet chart appear to be wrong with regard to CPU speed. B&N says Dual Core OMAP4 @1GHz, same as Kindle Fire. ZDNet says 1.2GHz, seemingly wrong.

Not mentioned in the comparison, but stated on the B&N web site, is that there is a built-in microphone on Nook Tablet. One might speculate that a rooted Nook Tablet plus a set of headphones might run the Android version of Skype at a WiFi hotspot....

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
It was good to see an advert for the Nook Tablet last night. It really needs to be pushed if they want to outsell the Fire. That was area where, I think, B&N fell down on the launch of the NC... not enough advertising.

1hen2ducks

Mar 7, 2011
I think you're right about falling down, ABBOnz.
I went to B&N on the 7th to play with the new tablet but they didn't have one; they said to come back on the 14th so I went back on the 14th but they didn't have one; they said to come back on the 19th. I wonder what they'll say when I show up on the 19th.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I think you're right about falling down, ABBOnz.
I went to B&N on the 7th to play with the new tablet but they didn't have one; they said to come back on the 14th so I went back on the 14th but they didn't have one; they said to come back on the 19th. I wonder what they'll say when I show up on the 19th.

Just depends on the location I guess. It has been reported that pre-orders are shipping early and that the Tablet is also available early at certain locations. Should be everywhere Friday.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
Just depends on the location I guess. It has been reported that pre-orders are shipping early and that the Tablet is also available early at certain locations. Should be everywhere Friday.

Anyone know if bluetooth or a external mic jack is supported?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Anyone know if bluetooth or a external mic jack is supported?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

No news on that yet though the on board mic seems to work pretty good. Bluetooth will require implementation just like the NC once rooted.

No root yet but they do know the NC rooting tricks aren't working for the moment. People at XDA who have received their NTs have been able to download apks and install them though. Home launchers, file managers, some google stuff and even the Amazon App store work without rooting! But there are still some issues like the apps not showing up in the NT app drawer and the home button taking you to the Nook home instead of the replacement home launcher.

Give it a little bit of time and we should be on our way.