com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly

cathi888

Jan 6, 2011
I am getting a pop up on startup. It says "the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Does anyone know what this is? I think it is preventing me from using the market or downloading anything.

I am using S7 with 2.1 version.

nexhat

Jun 22, 2011
I am getting a pop up on startup. It says "the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Does anyone know what this is? I think it is preventing me from using the market or downloading anything.

I am using S7 with 2.1 version.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Ok just had my problem so I fixed it,, and the only way to do that is by resetting to the factory format,, so power off your device, and hold the power, home, menu that are on top or close to each other,, until it will say something and please wait,, I forgot what exactly,,,howeever this will delete files and other stuff,, so let me know,, take care

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Common problem on 2.1, just go to applications in settings and uninstall updates for market, you will probably have to do this each time before you connect to the market. It would be best to just update to 2.2 and the market problem should go away.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

cathi888

Jan 6, 2011
I tried the reset. I don't get the error everytime, but I still cannot download anything from the market.

I also tried uninstalling and clearing the cache before I reset. That did not work either.

I am not savvy to figure out how to update to the new system 2.2. I tried to go to Huaweidevice.com, but my tablet says unable to download. I don't even know which file I am supposed to download.

I am going to dig through the stickies to see if I can find something beginner friendly to walk me step by baby step through it.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Just curious if you got things sorted out with the update.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

cathi888

Jan 6, 2011
Still trying to figure out how to do the update. I am going to try again tomorrow. All of this is SO beyond me, I almost wish I bought a more user friendly tablet, or something that I could just take in to get serviced and have original software reinstalled.