Coming to the End of My Rope with Samsung..........

J_Waller

Nov 12, 2011
I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and as a tablet I really like it. So much so, I was thinking to upgrade it. I was also thinking of getting the Samsung SIII or SIV. But, I am having second thoughts, as hardware they are great, but connecting to my PC for data transfer??? they are crappy. In theory, when you plug it in to the PC, it shows up as device and you can then copy files to and from it as if it was an HD. In practice it is very iffy as the connection may or may not be made. I find that I have to plug and unplug it many times before it is read by the system. Then, it does not stay connected, right in the middle of the transfer of files it will stop and say that there is no such device connected. Kies is no help as it does not act as a file manager for transferring files to and from the tablet.

The only reliable way to transfer files to and from the tablet is via Dropbox or a thumb drive, but it is awkward using these methods. It is driving me crazy. What makes it bad is that I have Nook Color, and a DroidX, and neither of them have any issue with connecting to my PC. As I say, I like the tablet, and would like to upgrade, but the connectivity sucks big time and I am afraid I will have to look elsewhere, even if the device is inferior :(

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Samsung is far from being alone for that problem. Most of the issues can be traced to something go8ing on in the PC, not with the tablet. There are, however, a few other ways to transfer files to and from the tablet and your PC. I have a link below with some suggestions.

btw: My SIII connects fine to all the computers in my office, but that doesn't really mean much in your case. I can say with certainty it is not a Samsung specific problem.