Compatible devices / apps for use with A2109A

ardentblue

Mar 20, 2013
All journeys start with a single step.

PNY 8GB High Speed MicroSDHC P-SDU8G10-GE No formatting needed - useable straight from package.
Targus Stylus for Tablets, iPad, iPhone, Smartphones, and more AMM0103TBUS / 425-2168-001C Works well.

Don't work (4.1.1)
Blueinput from teksoft.com

ardentblue

Mar 20, 2013
Folks, I have dealt with ferreting out system details on IBM Micro Channel (MCA) systems for years. Some of you may have seen "9595 - Ardent Tool of Capitalism" 9595 Ardent Tool of Capitalism. It has been my experience that unless people take an active part in storing and maintaining file caches and experience, within a few years we will have a mythical, unuseable device (will the A2109 be thought of like microchannel?). To keep MCA from fading into history, a number of MCA hobbyists maintain a trove of IBM files and some MCA related sites.

IBM sold it's PC line to Lenovo, and my lone experience with Lenovo level 1 tech support convinces me that for the most part, we are alone.

I am simply asking that, for a start, we start identifying things that work with the A2109 and ways that we can abuse the A2109. USB hubs? Keyboards (BT and USB), stylus, BT headphones. Bluetooth PAN. HDMI to whatever, projectors, DVD players, recorders.

The A2109 is a solid product, unfortunately, Lenovo support for it kinda leaves much to be desired. If you are waiting for Lenovo to put out a list of compatible devices, you may be waiting a long time.

v/r,
ardentblue

PS. lenovo is still apeing IBM by making Hardware Maintenance Manuals (HMM), but the support pages for the IdeaTab is a soup sandwich.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The A2109 is a solid product, unfortunately, Lenovo support for it kinda leaves much to be desired. If you are waiting for Lenovo to put out a list of compatible devices, you may be waiting a long time.

This is typical of pretty much all the tablet manufacturers. There are to many possible combinations of hardware, apps and OS versions. I have yet to see a company risk much off a list of compatible devices other that ones they provide or suggest, and the lists are skimpy at best. My suggestion, start your own list but be aware that some people will find reason to argue with some of the items on the list because it doesn't work with their configuration.

ardentblue

Mar 20, 2013
There are to many possible combinations of hardware, apps and OS versions. I have yet to see a company risk much off a list of compatible devices other that ones they provide or suggest, and the lists are skimpy at best. My suggestion, start your own list but be aware that some people will find reason to argue with some of the items on the list because it doesn't work with their configuration.

Ahem. Yep, there are many variables, but if everyone hoards their working configs, it won't help anyone. It is more difficult to keep track of working devices since the Lenovo IdeaTab forums are split. Perhaps a sticky for working devices, shoehorned in under Lenovo IdeaTab A2109 Accessories, change the title to "Lenovo IdeaTab A2109 Accessories and Compatible Devices Threads".

It is very hard to glean working devices when I have to bounce between all Lenovo forums, and look in threads with ambiguous titles (want some cheese with that whine?). If something worked under one config, maybe someone looking to do a similar combination can do a compare / contrast. Process of elimination, which most small children master by the age of two... Or Sesame Street, which ones are like the others, which one doesn't belong...

Throwing up one's hands and not listing anything at all seems like giving up.

Hmm, list Android version / any mod (root), app, and device - that might take in all significant variables.

Perhaps the Android Tablets site might put up an input page? Either that or it is me back to doing the grim business of hand to keyboard combat. I'll drop it on my site and maintain it. Make a section for A2109 information, at least from my point of view.

Is anyone intrigued with my brand of utter madness? All I need is data, and I can toss it together and link it. As always, users are credited for info, and my site has never used cookies, nor do I get a slim dime for clicks. Can't stop the signal...

v/r,
ardentblue
aka "god Emperor of Microchannel"

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You could always start a thread (here) and ask that people provide their own experiences.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
@ardentblue

Please re-post your post #1 of this thread to the Compatible Hardware Device thread.

TIA,
Spider