Composite video out?

louie76

Jul 21, 2011
Are there any android tablets out there other than archos that can run composite video out to an external moitor via the 3.5mm jack? I'd love to get an acer iconia or the samsung galaxy, but need to be able to output composite video as well as HDMI. I want to be able to watch movies in my car by sending video and audio out of my tablet and into the AV input on my car entertainment system. It only has composite inputs - no hdmi.

I can do this now with my itouch and an old archos unit I have. I would prefer not to get another archos as the unit I have only was able to do about half of what it advertised and the audio that comes out of it is extremely low. Unless someone can convice me there is an Archos 7 inch tablet that is as good or better that the other tablets out there I would just as soon not buy another Archos product. I'd go with an ipad except no flash support and limited storage.

Suggestions?

Aug 8, 2010
I looked into trying to do a composite out put from my Iconia, too much head ache.... The Iconia will only output via the HDMI(digital) and composite is an analog signal. The only thing I can do is to buy a converter box to put in-line between my tablet and the analog input on a tv... Too much hassle for me, just one more thing to carry around.

nemka

Aug 27, 2011
I have sku.54065 from DealExtreme. Type S1008. Same as Scroll 7"/Cherrypal in plastic case.
This tablet have composite video output on 4th pin of headphone jack.

Aug 18, 2011
Are there any android tablets out there other than archos that can run composite video out to an external moitor via the 3.5mm jack? I'd love to get an acer iconia or the samsung galaxy, but need to be able to output composite video as well as HDMI. I want to be able to watch movies in my car by sending video and audio out of my tablet and into the AV input on my car entertainment system. It only has composite inputs - no hdmi.

I can do this now with my itouch and an old archos unit I have. I would prefer not to get another archos as the unit I have only was able to do about half of what it advertised and the audio that comes out of it is extremely low. Unless someone can convice me there is an Archos 7 inch tablet that is as good or better that the other tablets out there I would just as soon not buy another Archos product. I'd go with an ipad except no flash support and limited storage.

Suggestions?

Have DLNA or UPNP function?