[Confirmed] Widgets Seem to Work Fine Over Here on my S7? (ADW Launcher)

SikYou

Dec 25, 2010
I keep getting FORCE CLOSE, does anyone know what am i doing wrong?

Fresh installed the new rom,
Installed Root Explorer,
Copied the APK to the correct location,
Installed it,
Go to add the widget and get the error,

At which point am i doing something wrong?

Any and all help is welcome here, thank you much for your great work!

Probably not doing anything wrong, i had a few fc and i rebooted a few times and everything was fine.

Sent from my nonsensikal froyo

gurduiala

Jan 7, 2011
Probably not doing anything wrong, i had a few fc and i rebooted a few times and everything was fine.

Sent from my nonsensikal froyo

Figured the problem,

Changed the permission,
Installed again,

and rebooted,

WORKS!!!

mark1979

Feb 2, 2011
Nice find, this makes the device almost complete, apps2sd, cameraswap and now this!

How did you change the status bar to work with other launchers SikYou? Did you modifiy the framwork-res.apk? Can you plaese share.....

SikYou

Dec 25, 2010
How did you change the status bar to work with other launchers SikYou? Did you modifiy the framwork-res.apk? Can you plaese share.....

I did not do anything specifically. The only thing I can think of that I did was remove the huawei desktop/home application.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
The notification bar works fine. It just has a clock overlay bug when you force third-party launchers.

lemmyslender

Jan 10, 2011
I used SystemApp Remover to backup, then remove Launcher.apk. This removed the back arrow overlay from the clock on home screens.

mark1979

Feb 2, 2011
I did not do anything specifically. The only thing I can think of that I did was remove the huawei desktop/home application.

Confirmed status bar fix. Followed SikYou's advice and removed huawei's launcher & now status bar works how it should.

Snyperx

Nov 22, 2010
/system is mounted read-only by default, it needs to be remounted read/write

I used:

su (to get root)

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system (to remount the filesystem)

in the command window in DroidExplorer. You should be able to copy the file after this command.

I keep getting a permission denied when I try to use the command window in Droid Explorer. I have to admit I am totally lost here.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
If you want to use DroidExplorer to do this, run SuperOneClick and do 'Shell Root'. Then DroidExplorer will have full access.

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
Well thanks xaueious, I'd never quited liked the stock launcher. And used it due to wanting widgets.

Now I've no need.

So thanks heaps.

Anyway here's my home screen:
$screenshot1.png

~Ivy

Snyperx

Nov 22, 2010
Thanks folks. Looks like I have widgets now. Question: Does OneClick perfrom a permanent root or only temporary? I keep getting a message stating a temp root and I can reboot to remove it.

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
This launcher is sweet. What settings are people using for columns, rows etc.... I like how it rotates. There is an action to can add to display or remove the status box. I am very happy with the setup of my S7 now :)

gcl915

Feb 3, 2011

Hey, what's the name of the app? Is it huwaei ime?

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk