Connect A500 to computer

HalloNL

May 17, 2011
Hello,

I can't connect my tablet to my computer.
I've installed the driver but my computer doesn't see it.
And it says when I plug it in that the driver isn't installed and has to be installed.
When I try this I get an error.
Do you know how I can connect my tablet to the computer?

Gr,
HalloNL

dutchie

May 18, 2011
You'll likely have to troubleshoot/google search 'vista USB driver issues'. This usually involves deleting the USB drivers in safe mode.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Why bother?
Just download Estrong File Manager and you can move files back and forth over your wifi.

robdroid

May 4, 2011

Samoa Joe

May 16, 2011
WiFi transfer seems to be the way to go with the A500 anyways. I have a Mac and it's just been being a huge pain, so I didn't even transfer any music. Granted I don't have any music anymore, but it's just the fact it won't transfer because there are no Mac drivers out yet.

-Joe.

HD87

May 14, 2011
Oh yeah. Must have.! 'WiFi File Explorer PRO' had to buy it. thanks robdroid

HalloNL

May 17, 2011
I can't find anything on the internet that work, and I really want to connect my A500 to the PC.
Does anyone of you has another idea?

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
So Hallo, when you plug your A500 into your computer, you're not getting a pop-up box with the option to transfer files, etc? Nothing? If you're getting the box, choose Explore Files. Go to My Computer if you've gotten that far and you'll see your A500.
You've gotten and installed the USB driver from the A500 support page and nowhere else, right?
I am not trying to insult your intelligence, I'm just doing basic troubleshooting to make sure those bases are covered.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

dragon37

May 14, 2011
Just set the folders you want to share via wifi and install one of the many free file managers to connect. Your other option is to root your machine install the NTFS patch and use a USB stick formatted to NTFS. Connecting directly to your computer is just going to be a royal pain when when it is just as easy to do the wifi thing or root your device and use USB sticks.

HalloNL

May 17, 2011
So Hallo, when you plug your A500 into your computer, you're not getting a pop-up box with the option to transfer files, etc? Nothing? If you're getting the box, choose Explore Files. Go to My Computer if you've gotten that far and you'll see your A500.
You've gotten and installed the USB driver from the A500 support page and nowhere else, right?
I am not trying to insult your intelligence, I'm just doing basic troubleshooting to make sure those bases are covered.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

When I connect it I get the found new device message, and it tries to install but it says error installation refused by device. I have installed the driver from the site. and the manual doesn't give any feedback it only says instal the drive from the site wich I have done. So I'm really out of ideas

Aug 17, 2013
Just go to Settings>developer options and disable usb debugging

then go to storage and click the three dots on the top right corner of the screen and press usb computer connection and then tick mtp

Now go connect and there you have it!!!!