connect A500 to server 2008 shares?

Mark7790

Dec 29, 2011
would lik to be able to connect my A500 to my windows 2008 server shares for files and such. would also like to be able to use my printers if possible, but i dont find any droid drivers.

anyone connecting to windows server 2008 network shares?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Shares:

Install ES-File Explorer from the market (free). File Manager HD also works, but for some reason is horribly slow on windows shares.
ES-file Explorer is lightning fast.

Then just launch ES, Click the LAN tab, define new servers you want to access, and copy files back and forth. Cake!!

Printers:

You need Apps from the market for this too. I recommend either Cloud Print (if you run Chrome browser on your desktop or have a Cloud print ready printer (late model inkjet/laserjet/Kodak, etc). If not get Print Share Mobile print, which can print to any printer on the LAN that it can see, as well as Cloud Print printers.

Printing is done by SHAREing something. So you look at a web page, tap the menu at upper right, and select Share Page, and then pick how you want to share it. Your printing app will show up in this list as a share target.

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
Just about every printer manufacturer has an Android driver so just find the driver for your printer and go. The Samsung driver works great with my old Samsung laser printer. I've seen HP and Epson on the market too.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Just about every printer manufacturer has an Android driver so just find the driver for your printer and go. The Samsung driver works great with my old Samsung laser printer. I've seen HP and Epson on the market too.

What "drivers" are you talking about? There is no such thing for android.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Too printer specific. Get cloud print and print on all your printers from across the room or across thr country.
7 meg to print!?

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
It does the scanning part on multifunction machines too, though I haven't tried it yet to see if that really works. The printing works great, just like any other computer so I can't complain.