Connected to Internet Worldwide Through 2G/3G/4G

ATmember

Jul 14, 2013
Hi,
which of all Android based tablets available currently on the market
will enable me to be connected with Internet using 2G/3G/4G cellular systems
in highest number of countries in the world?

WiFi connectivity is out of focus in this inquiry.

cpfan

Jul 8, 2013
Hi,
which of all Android based tablets available currently on the market
will enable me to be connected with Internet using 2G/3G/4G cellular systems
in highest number of countries in the world?

WiFi connectivity is out of focus in this inquiry.

Are you willing to get a new SIM card in each country, or do you want to do it with just one?

Steve

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Hi AT and welcome to the forum. GSM,( Global System Mobile Communication) is the system used all over Europe and Asian countries....that makes it for most of the world,I guess! So you have to buy a GSM phone or tablet unlocked with SIM card.Whatever country you go then you can change the SIM card and use it there. Just search on e bay or Amazon for an unlocked GSM tablet, the sellers usually specify in their description if you can use it in Europe, which is the same system of Asian countries.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
This it's just one of them...You could find also the Samsung 8.9 unlocked, great tablet,I have it and others

$ForumRunner_20130714_183448.png

ATmember

Jul 14, 2013
Hi, Thanks a lot for your feedback. Yes, I am going to purchase a device without SIM lock. It should support 3G/4G for good Internet experience. In my world trips I used to have always a SIM card of the provider of country where I stay. Therefore roaming is out of focus. Actually, the question is which device supports the all the radio frequencies needed be connected with Internet via 3G or 4G in most regions of the world? The concern is to have just one device for all the trips. Or, in other worlds how to check if a device supports all needed to achieve the goal as described here. I have had a signals that for instance a Apple's device won't connect via 3G/4G both in Europe and North America, due to selective support of radio frequencies.