Connected to the charger while in use

mxWanderer

Apr 12, 2013
i use my tablet a lot in home so my question/doubt is?
can i have the tablet connected to the charger while using without affecting the batterys life?
or do i have to used whit battery and charge it again.

thanks in advance

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
If your tablet allows you to use it while charging there shouldn't be a problem.

mxWanderer

Apr 12, 2013
If your tablet allows you to use it while charging there shouldn't be a problem.
maybe i was not very specific.. The battery is charged 100% but i got this belief that when the battery is totally charged and i plug in the charger adapter the tablet automaticly stars using the the charger and not the battery. am i right or wrong? is the battery safe if is connected to the electricity when is tottaly charged?

sorry if im not clear, my english is not very good.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
If I connect my tablet to the charger when the battery is discharged completely, I get a message saying I should wait 15 minutes before using the tablet while charging. If I connect it to the charger when the battery is not discharged completely, I don't get the message and I can immediately use the tablet while charging.

To me, that sounds as though it always runs off the battery. When the charger is plugged in, it's charging the battery at the same time the battery is being use to run the tablet. (I've heard this referred to as a floating battery arrangement.)

Unless the tablet is defective, it's safe to have it plugged in even though the battery is fully charged. The circuitry is supposed to prevent the battery from over charging.

mxWanderer

Apr 12, 2013
If I connect my tablet to the charger when the battery is discharged completely, I get a message saying I should wait 15 minutes before using the tablet while charging. If I connect it to the charger when the battery is not discharged completely, I don't get the message and I can immediately use the tablet while charging.

To me, that sounds as thouyygh it always runs off the battery. When the charger is plugged in, it's charging the battery at the same time the battery is being use to run the tablet. (I've heard this referred to as a floating battery arrangement.)

Unless the tablet is defective, it's safe to have it plugged in even though the battery is fully charged. The circuitry is supposed to prevent the battery from over charging.
thanks for the patience, 0 doubts C=

seawind

Apr 12, 2013
I always use my Ipad in this way, my friends tell me it will affect the batterys life. But i still charge it while i use it.