Connecting GoPro Hero to Xoom

andyjade

Jan 4, 2012
Hi all,
I am hoping for a definitive answer as to whether it is possible to connect, and subsequently view pictures from, a GoPro Hero camera. I have a Motorola Xoom running the latest Honeycomb. I have a USB micro to full size converter. I plug the camera in, fire up Astro or File Manager HD, and cannot find my camera. Opening the gallery yields no results, either. I assume that the GoPro isn't compatible. Anyone make this work? Thanks in advance.

smokeater321

May 14, 2012
Hi all,
I am hoping for a definitive answer as to whether it is possible to connect, and subsequently view pictures from, a GoPro Hero camera. I have a Motorola Xoom running the latest Honeycomb. I have a USB micro to full size converter. I plug the camera in, fire up Astro or File Manager HD, and cannot find my camera. Opening the gallery yields no results, either. I assume that the GoPro isn't compatible. Anyone make this work? Thanks in advance.

I tried to use the "RYC USB lite" app that I use with my Nikon cameras and Gallery and neither found the camera. The GoPro shows it is connected to a usb but nothing else. I would like to use it as a view finder and upload pics and video to online social sites. I know that Gopro sales a wifi back for the camera that includes a free app to control the camera, but you have to buy the camera back to get the app and I don't know how the control app works or how much control it has. The Xoom is the perfect companion for the Gopro Hero so I hope someone can come up with a working app. Thanks.