Connecting Samsung Tab 10.1 to VGA projector/Screen

Sankalp

Jul 5, 2012
Hi Guys,

I recently got a Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 for making presentations. While the interface looks great, I am facing a slight problem in making presentations on LCD screens projectors because not all of them have HDMI ports.

Do advise me about how can I get my Tab's display on a screen with only VGA port. I tried using HDMI to VGA cable but it doesn't detect. Wil this product help me: HDMI to VGA Converter Adapter Cable - The simplest converter - No power needed | eBay

subtotal

Sep 29, 2011
I realise this an old thread, but someone might find this needing an answer, so...

Don't buy passive VGA to HDMI converters or adaptors, honestly they've got less than a 1 in 1000 chance of working, if you need to convert HDMI to VGA grab something like this.

Specifically, you want the word 'active' in the title; there should also be a list of compatible resolutions and you may need to supply external power to it.

phraensys

Feb 22, 2013
im a teacher and im thinking of having this samsung tab2 10.1 P5100 where i plan to make my lesson presentations and eventually show it using an LCD projector in our computer lab. unfortunately, there is only the vga port in our projector.

what do i need to connect this samsung tab2 10.1 P5100 to our projector in the computer lab?