connecting to tv with kyros

larryb

Apr 24, 2011
I was hoping to use the Kyros like I do my I-pod. When I go on trips I pod movies onto the Ipod and then when connect to a TV via the composite video and audio. The Kyros only has HDMI video output and most places I go the TV's will only except composite video.

Is there a adapter that can be purchased to convert HDMI to composite video?

Larry

larryb

Apr 24, 2011
Great, but where do I find one. I can find HDMI to VGA/audio, but not composite video/audio

Larry

Jason2783

Jan 30, 2012
I have a MID1024 tablet with an HDMI cable with mini-HDMI adapter.
I'm trying to connect the Kyros to a 120Hz 1080p LG television.

When I connect the components with the cable, and go to Settings -> Display ..... the Output settings choice is greyed out (am unable to select it) and right below "Output Settings" it says "please plug HDMI in".

Can anyone help tell me what's wrong, or why this isn't working for me?

You have two output both are at 60Hz, you'll need to adjust the 120 or 240Hz downgrade to 60Hz 720p or 1080p options.
You have to match the output just right. Your HDTV might not work with the 7015. 720p or 1080p 60Hz works. Once you move up into 120Hz or 240MHz then the issues.
You might have to change the wide, zoom and normal settings on your set too. Since the 7015 is set wrong to 1920x1088 it should be 1920x1080p

Note: Only the MID7005-4GB comes with all the extras. Again these min-HDMI are dirt cheap now

traylord

Jan 6, 2012
I have a MID1024 tablet with an HDMI cable with mini-HDMI adapter.
I'm trying to connect the Kyros to a 120Hz 1080p LG television.

When I connect the components with the cable, and go to Settings -> Display ..... the Output settings choice is greyed out (am unable to select it) and right below "Output Settings" it says "please plug HDMI in".

Can anyone help tell me what's wrong, or why this isn't working for me?

I have the same issue on a MID1126, the settings-display-output settings is allways grayed. I tried everything, different LCD densities, different cables, changing the prop.build system file to match 1920x1080, different HDMI ports on the TV with the same result, allways gray, can't choose anything.

Did you manage to fix it ?

Thank you