Connections

trennMaschine

Oct 31, 2011
Hi - Just got a Thrive 32GB. One of the reasons I got this is that I'm hoping to use it at work for troubleshooting remotely located hardware in hard-to-reach places (beats hauling a laptop). For many of these devices, I need to have a wired connection (RJ45) and found a large number of vendors who sell usb to ethernet adaptors. While a number of them specify that they only work with Win based devices, there are a number of them that don't specify an OS environment. Has anyone gotten a usb to ethernet adaptor to work either on the tablet or on the dock? If so, could you let me know which adaptor worked? Thanks in advance.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Read through the gtab threads, this has been made to work on that device. Might be a place to start.

Sent from my Nexus S using Android Tablet Forum

trennMaschine

Oct 31, 2011
@pbrauer: I've been going through the posts in the Viewsonic section (I'm assuming that's the section you meant by 'gtab') as well as the FAQ section and haven't seen anything specific to this yet (at least not in the past two days of searching). Can you help to narrow this down a bit ? I really appreciate the help!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
It is covered in the accessories section, the dock includes an RJ45 connection.

Hope that helps a bit. I would say best you can do it try it. I think it should work ok on a Thrive.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum

trennMaschine

Oct 31, 2011
I have the dock for the Thrive, and the ports it has are a power (AC), headphone in, 2 USB ports, and a mini HDMI. There isn't an RJ45 connector on this one (I'm guessing you mean to say that the Viewsonic dock includes one). I'll look through the accessories section again to see if any posts mention the use of an adapter.

trennMaschine

Oct 31, 2011
I've ordered the gtab dock to see if that works (guess the vendor will not be happy to have it back). I called Toshiba directly and they said they had "no idea" what adapter would work since they didn't test connectivity prior to release. Tells you something there... Maybe I need to be looking at a different tab product.