Considerations before purchase

bastvtas

Dec 27, 2010
So today I did NOT get the ZiiO because despite the very fair price and unique audio capabilities, I really found myself not enjoying the screen at all. Went to Yodobashicamera again for more thorough testing and this is what I thought:

Sensitivity is fine, but the colours are not at all vibrant and the contrast is pretty poor. Also I find the resolution is on the edge, just doesn`t make sense to play 720p files on it. Viewing angle also is not very good. All in all good enough for browsing the web, playing games and playing music, but I really want better photo and video playback from a tablet. Sure one can connect it to a HD screen but the screen on the device itself should be better for real entertainment... well you cannot have it all for the price I guess.

Figured out that I don`t care that much about Wifi and lots of apps so went for the COWON V5 instead!

Better audio, better (same resolution but 4,8 inch) screen and HDMI output. The UI is very different from all the android tablets but it functions fast and accurate at least. Colors can be tweaked separately (red, green and blue), as well as brightness and contrast! It has the best screen I`ve seen so far (much more usable than Ipod touch, bigger and brighter, better viewing angles) and with just 4,8 inch it slides into any pocket really easy. If I could have bought one with WIFI (only available in Korea as far as I know) I would have done so...

Thanks all for the answers and advise!