Considering Achos 32, 1 question...

Vampok

Jun 9, 2011
Hello :)

I am considering buying an Archos 32. One of my major reasons for buying an Android tablet would be to be able study Japanese while out of the house. One of my favourite programs, Anki (it's a flash card program), has an android app called Ankidroid, Anki - friendly, intelligent flashcards

So, I was wondering whether or not Ankidroid would work on the Archos 32, or if anyone has any experience with it? Also, this would mean having to be able to display Japanese font, can that be done?

I've never had an Android before, in case this was a really dumb question... ;)

----Edit---

I just got my Archos 32, it's awesome. Ankidroid runs perfectly, and Japanese font shows up as well. I'm quite happy with it. :)

Last edited:

zerotiger

Nov 11, 2010
Unfortunately the Archos devices don't carry the full Android Marketplace out of the box. It can however, be easily upgraded to run the marketplace. Otherwise you could install it using the apk if you have direct access to that. The instructions to root and run the android market on an archos device is well covered in the forum. I think it's even one of the sticky threads.

Vampok

Jun 9, 2011
Ah, thank you. That's good, I will do that. I guess I probably will get one then. :)