Consistent download problems

mmmeenehan

Feb 24, 2012
Anyone have any idea why I can't download from any web interface links? I'm using the standard A500 browser (3.2.1)
When I click on a link to download just about any file from a web page I get the download status the bottom of the screen. But it always ends up 'unsuccessful'. The only downloads that work consistently are when I save attachments from emails. Market downloads and installs also work well.

Thanks for any help.

Mike

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I've noticed this as well. I download fairly often from the Nightly Builds from the developer's web site for one of my apps.

At least 50% of the time, the message will say download unsuccessful. I simply tap the pop-up message at the bottom,
which will open the downloads app, then tap the download that failed to retry, and it invariably works the second time.

Often the size doesn't even change, indicating that it got it all the first time, but failed to properly close out the
download session, so it marked it as unsuccessful.

This never happens on my android phone, but happens a lot on the tablet.

mmmeenehan

Feb 24, 2012
Icebike,
Many thanks! I tried your suggestion and it seems to work - retrying the download from the download app seems to work much better than just clicking on the web link.