Constant force closes since 3.2.1

KozmoKartrax

Dec 2, 2011
Hi everyone,

Ever since I updated my Sony Tablet S to Android 3.2.1 many apps are force closing on launch.

Pulse, Maps, SwiftKey Tablet X, and even Google Accounts are but a few of these apps.

Yes - you read right - Google Accounts is among the apps not working. This means that when I factory reset (and data wiped) my "amazing" new tablet in an attempt to solve this issue I couldn't even connect the device to my google account.

This will not do.

I've contacted Sony and will post what they have to say but I'd like to know if anyone else has had this issue and/or if anyone knows how to fix it?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KozmoKartrax

Dec 2, 2011
Sony have contacted me via email and have said their IT department will contact me within 3-5 days.

Will post results of that contact.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KozmoKartrax

Dec 2, 2011
Sony have stayed true to their word and their IT department has contacted me.

Here's the bulk of the email:

"Your case was escalated for me to look into.

I am sorry to hear the issues you are having with you Tablet.

This is something I have not encountered yet, the troubleshooting you have already performed including the android reset is something I would have suggested trying.

However that has not rectified the issue and since these symptoms only began occurring since the update we can assume they are in correlation with this.

I have forwarded your case and all details written up by me to my Technical Service Division (TSD) for support and I am currently awaiting a response.

As soon as I hear back from them I will contact you immediately and update you."

I'll post again when I hear from them.

gadgyt

Dec 11, 2011
I'm also having a number of force close issues and having to restart numerous times a day. I have however noticed that most force closes happen when the screen goes off with an app running. When I wake the tablet up again it sometimes/often (depending on how it is feeling on the day) gives me the force close notification then freezes forcing a restart. I've also tried a reset which made no difference. I'll look forward to seeing the response you get from Sony.

KozmoKartrax

Dec 2, 2011
I got the latest update and it hasn't fixed the issue. Sony got back to me and told me I'll have to take it to the nearest Service Center because they have no idea what the issue is.

I'll probably do that next week and post the outcome.

KozmoKartrax

Dec 2, 2011
So, I took my tablet into Sydney's Sony Service Center and told them the issue. They took it for a day or two, messaged me and I went to pick it up, working. Fantastic. It turns out somehow it glitched when it was doing the update to 3.2.1 so they restored a prior version, updated again and viola! It's working.