Consumer Electronics Show 2010 (CES) Kicks Off this Week

JimMariner

Dec 23, 2009
The 2010 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) kicks off this week and analysts are expecting the predominant themes to be connectivity and mobility. Mobile devices such as new Android devices and tablet computers are expected to be a big focus. Meanwhile, outside of CES, Google and Apple are both expected to make announcements regarding their future plans this month.

The launch of the Google Nexus One phone is planned for January 5th, while Apple is rumored to be announcing their tablet device on/around January 26th.

For our part, MacRumors will be attending CES for the first time this year. In the past our focus has been Macworld Expo which has tended to run concurrently with CES. This year, however, Apple withdrew from Macworld which resulted in it being rescheduled into February. We'll be focusing on any relevant Apple-related announcements including new Intel chips, ARM-related technology, notable 3rd party Tablets and more. CES 2010 runs from January 7th - 10th.

Sunday January 03, 2010 08:33 PM EST
Written by Arnold Kim
BuzzBox - Top Stories in Tech Today

New2u

Jan 24, 2010
I bet mac wants to know what's going on, so they can figure out another device to come out with. Either way so far from what i've seen i like the android / archos tablets much better.

Jim... when are you buying me mine?