Contact app with phone numbers

jrizal

May 25, 2011
Hi! First if all we know that 2.2 Froyo isn't an OS for tablets. And I've got one of those WonderMedia tablets. Now my question is, being a stripped down OS for use in tablets, is there a way show the phone numbers in the contacts app. Or is there a third party app that can sync with my Google account. (Been trying tom find one but can't). Thanks in advance. :)

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
I dont understand what your talking about froyo not being a tablet os but ok? Froyo is the stablest android os for tablets.
Phone bumbers show in my contacts app so it must just be your tablet and sync feature. Ive seen other contact app in the market but their names arnt ringing any bells

Superpad Support Dev Sent from my LGV Ally

jrizal

May 25, 2011
It was Google who said that Froyo isn't really a tablet OS in the first place hence the development of Honeycomb. It may ne more stable tan Honeycom but nonetheless not originally designed for tablets. A discourse on Shanzai tablets and the development of Android as a tablet platform is not the issue here. As implied in the prior post mine is a strippenoneteld version of Froyo mainly the phone app being removed amongst others as most WonderMedia and other Shanzai. Any solutions you can recommend? Any Google APKs should I look for?

Last edited:

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Ah ok. If your tablets rootable and you can get a root explorer install then its a simple fix. Simply find someone to share their android system device apks (phone, contacts, messaging, gmail, ect) and send them to the system apps folder in the system and install them via root explorer or terminal push

jrizal

May 25, 2011
No problem with using RootExplorer but trying the GoogleContactsSyncAdapter apk from several ROMs didn't cut it.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Did you try the one from the sdk? A genuine un tampered apk?

jrizal

May 25, 2011
Haven't been through XDA-Developers lately for resources. But I accidentally found Go Contacts last night at the Market. No more need for an untampered APK. Thanks though. :)