Contacts App

Magic Cottage

May 21, 2011
Apologies in advance if this question has been asked before, but due to work commitments I don't have a great deal of time to trawl for an answer.

My family [4 of us] run a small business and for convenience we have decided to buy 4 Xoom's which are working fantastically well. We have task lists, calendars and the rest all now sorted exactly as we want things and with synching to Google it all works for us very well.

The only thing which we haven't quite got how we want it is our contacts. Up to now we used Outlook and we used the notes section in each contact for exactly that. Making notes about orders, phone calls, comments from clients, their preferences for certain things etc. etc. Like the calendar and tasks/To Do's we are striving for being in sync so when we are out we are all dealing with central information. Our particular problem is that whilst Google Contacts works reasonably well there is a problem with the notes area. On the Xoom, only about the first 2000 characters or so of the notes section appears unless we enter edit mode. That in itself presents some risks of making accidental edits without realising it. Also, there is no formatting within the notes, e.g. perhaps the odd table etc. We have tried various so-called Outlook syncing apps but they all seem to have some problem or another.

So, what I am trying to say is, is there a decent contact app out there that might deal with these problems, especially with the client notes or are we just too specific in our requirements perhaps requiring us to compromise in some way?

Help!!