controlling android from PC

magenta

Jun 12, 2012
I have droid vnc server installed on my tablet. On my PC I have real vnc installed.
I can connect to my tablet from the PC using these clients and can see the home screen of my tablet.
However, that is all I can do, keyboard & mouse input from PC do nothing. I notice the cursor is a small cross, does that indicate anything or is that as it should be?

magenta

Jun 12, 2012
Try webkey you can find it in playstore.

Thank you. I already have webkey installed and I have the same issue. I do prefer the layout of real vnc however if webkey solved the problem I would use it.
As a novice to tablets is there anything I should configure on the tablet to permit keyboard and mouse input from the PC?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Are you really trying to control the tablet or are you needing to access files and a few apps. The reason I ask is that there are a few apps, all free, than allow WiFi file manipulation. You also may want to check out Teamviwer.

magenta

Jun 12, 2012
Are you really trying to control the tablet or are you needing to access files and a few apps. The reason I ask is that there are a few apps, all free, than allow WiFi file manipulation. You also may want to check out Teamviwer.

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I do want to control the tablet from my PC. When typing long lists for different apps I would find it much easier from the PC keyboard.
I have done this a couple of years ago on a MID and it worked OK. I do have Teamviewerr installed on 3 of my PC's however, Teamviewer for android can only control a PC, not vice versa.
It seems then I have a problem with hardware input to my tablet even though I managed to do it OK on an old MID.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I miss spoke on the Teamviewer only because Samsung has a special version that's on my phone and will allow me to access the phone rather than the other way around. I had the hone on my mind. I do know that one of the apps I have will allow me to access a limited number of the apps on my tablet using a browser on my PC but I forget which one as I have so many. I used it a few times to edits the contacts and a few other things. It seems that it may have been WiFi File Explorer but I don't have my tablet in front of me at the moment or I would be able to say for certain.

Here is that link to the Samung TV page.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Depending on the tablet most should be able to support a usb keyboard (micro adapter may be required) and/or a bluetooth keyboard for input.

magenta

Jun 12, 2012
Depending on the tablet most should be able to support a usb keyboard (micro adapter may be required) and/or a bluetooth keyboard for input.

Thank you for your reply. I do have a USB keyboard attached but it is not that I want to use.
Through VNC from my PC I want to control my tablet with the PC keyboard and mouse as if I was in front of the tablet.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Thank you for your reply. I do have a USB keyboard attached but it is not that I want to use.
Through VNC from my PC I want to control my tablet with the PC keyboard and mouse as if I was in front of the tablet.

I understand that but it isn't something Android tablets are very capable of at the moment. If it is strictly a matter of input that can be handled as mentioned. It might also be the solution to VNC. You most likely need to make the tablet think it has a keyboard and mouse connected that it should be taking input from. You can either try a spoofer app (something like Null keyboard comes to mind) or connecting a keyboard/mouse to the tablet and then VNC in and see if that allows you to input remotely.

JP

magenta

Jun 12, 2012
I understand that but it isn't something Android tablets are very capable of at the moment. If it is strictly a matter of input that can be handled as mentioned. It might also be the solution to VNC. You most likely need to make the tablet think it has a keyboard and mouse connected that it should be taking input from. You can either try a spoofer app (something like Null keyboard comes to mind) or connecting a keyboard/mouse to the tablet and then VNC in and see if that allows you to input remotely.

JP

Thank you again for your patience in replying to a tablet novice.
I note your comment about android not being very capable. The server I have on the tablet is droid vnc viewer. Because it is for android I thought it would work.I read on the market place that droid vnc will only work on a rooted device. I have just downloaded an app to check if my tablet is rooted and it confirms that it is, so I know that is not the issue.I do have a mini keyboard attached to the tablet but have no mouse attached as there is only one usb port.
Have you heard of this problem before? I have spent a few hours searching and have seen a few results relating to this but no solution.
Suffice to say, although I can see my tablet on the PC via vnc I can do nothing else which is pointless.
I have obviously ticked keyboard and mouse input. It is also the same issue when I tried tightvnc.
The old MID I had a couple of years ago was not android.