controlling android from PC

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Q&A' started by magenta, Oct 3, 2012.

1. magenta

magenta Member

Tablet / Device:
    B-01 ICE CREAM SANDWICH Android 4.0.3 Tablet PC
    I have droid vnc server installed on my tablet. On my PC I have real vnc installed.
    I can connect to my tablet from the PC using these clients and can see the home screen of my tablet.
    However, that is all I can do, keyboard & mouse input from PC do nothing. I notice the cursor is a small cross, does that indicate anything or is that as it should be?

2. vampirefo.

vampirefo. Senior Member Developer

Tablet / Device:
    Leagoo Lead 1 ZTE OPEN C, Coby 7065, Coby 8042, Coby 9740
    Try webkey you can find it in playstore.

• Like Like x 2
  3. magenta

magenta Member

Tablet / Device:
    Thank you. I already have webkey installed and I have the same issue. I do prefer the layout of real vnc however if webkey solved the problem I would use it.
    As a novice to tablets is there anything I should configure on the tablet to permit keyboard and mouse input from the PC?

4. leeshor

leeshor Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    Are you really trying to control the tablet or are you needing to access files and a few apps. The reason I ask is that there are a few apps, all free, than allow WiFi file manipulation. You also may want to check out Teamviwer.

• Like Like x 2
  5. magenta

magenta Member

Tablet / Device:
    Thank you for your reply.
    Yes, I do want to control the tablet from my PC. When typing long lists for different apps I would find it much easier from the PC keyboard.
    I have done this a couple of years ago on a MID and it worked OK. I do have Teamviewerr installed on 3 of my PC's however, Teamviewer for android can only control a PC, not vice versa.
    It seems then I have a problem with hardware input to my tablet even though I managed to do it OK on an old MID.

6. leeshor

leeshor Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    I miss spoke on the Teamviewer only because Samsung has a special version that's on my phone and will allow me to access the phone rather than the other way around. I had the hone on my mind. I do know that one of the apps I have will allow me to access a limited number of the apps on my tablet using a browser on my PC but I forget which one as I have so many. I used it a few times to edits the contacts and a few other things. It seems that it may have been WiFi File Explorer but I don't have my tablet in front of me at the moment or I would be able to say for certain.

Here is that link to the Samung TV page.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  7. J515OP

J515OP Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    Depending on the tablet most should be able to support a usb keyboard (micro adapter may be required) and/or a bluetooth keyboard for input.

8. magenta

magenta Member

Tablet / Device:
    Thank you for your reply. I do have a USB keyboard attached but it is not that I want to use.
    Through VNC from my PC I want to control my tablet with the PC keyboard and mouse as if I was in front of the tablet.

9. J515OP

J515OP Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    I understand that but it isn't something Android tablets are very capable of at the moment. If it is strictly a matter of input that can be handled as mentioned. It might also be the solution to VNC. You most likely need to make the tablet think it has a keyboard and mouse connected that it should be taking input from. You can either try a spoofer app (something like Null keyboard comes to mind) or connecting a keyboard/mouse to the tablet and then VNC in and see if that allows you to input remotely.

JP

• Like Like x 2
  10. magenta

magenta Member

Tablet / Device:
    Thank you again for your patience in replying to a tablet novice.
    I note your comment about android not being very capable. The server I have on the tablet is droid vnc viewer. Because it is for android I thought it would work.I read on the market place that droid vnc will only work on a rooted device. I have just downloaded an app to check if my tablet is rooted and it confirms that it is, so I know that is not the issue.I do have a mini keyboard attached to the tablet but have no mouse attached as there is only one usb port.
    Have you heard of this problem before? I have spent a few hours searching and have seen a few results relating to this but no solution.
    Suffice to say, although I can see my tablet on the PC via vnc I can do nothing else which is pointless.
    I have obviously ticked keyboard and mouse input. It is also the same issue when I tried tightvnc.
    The old MID I had a couple of years ago was not android.