Controlling Apple TV with remote

LAOCA

Jan 15, 2012
Has anyone been able to get the remote control to work for Apple TV? It has it as an option but I don't seem to have a MENU button, which makes it unusable?

FanNo301

Oct 15, 2011
Did you follow the IR blaster setup process completely? The IR blaster is one of the 12 significant reasons to have the VTAB over the A-Fire. Mine works with 3 components in the media room, 2 in my master suite, a small guest TV, car radio, my Mother's 3 components, and her Dr's office TV. Which irritates a guy who has an iPad!!!

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Did you follow the IR blaster setup process completely? The IR blaster is one of the 12 significant reasons to have the VTAB over the A-Fire. Mine works with 3 components in the media room, 2 in my master suite, a small guest TV, car radio, my Mother's 3 components, and her Dr's office TV. Which irritates a guy who has an iPad!!!

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

That's too funny. Talk about total control.

As far as the Apple TV you may want to pair it as well Apple TV: Pairing and unpairing the Apple Remote.

LAOCA

Jan 15, 2012
Maybe I'm just exceptionally stupid, but I set it up the same way as I have for all the other devices. When it coems to Apple, there's only one choice, which maes sense since there's only one Apply remote.

I get the screen and interface up on my tab, but there's no menu button, and therefore no way you can operate the Apple TV box. The play function and the arrows in all four directions work, but the power button does not. I'm sure they just never developed it properly for APple TV, but was hoping there's a work aorund or patch!