Controlling Apple TV with remote

Discussion in 'Vizio Tablets' started by LAOCA, Jan 15, 2012.

1. LAOCA

LAOCA Member

Has anyone been able to get the remote control to work for Apple TV? It has it as an option but I don't seem to have a MENU button, which makes it unusable?

2. FanNo301

FanNo301 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Vizio vtab1008
    Did you follow the IR blaster setup process completely? The IR blaster is one of the 12 significant reasons to have the VTAB over the A-Fire. Mine works with 3 components in the media room, 2 in my master suite, a small guest TV, car radio, my Mother's 3 components, and her Dr's office TV. Which irritates a guy who has an iPad!!!

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

3. J515OP

J515OP Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    That's too funny. Talk about total control.

As far as the Apple TV you may want to pair it as well Apple TV: Pairing and unpairing the Apple Remote.

4. LAOCA

LAOCA Member

Maybe I'm just exceptionally stupid, but I set it up the same way as I have for all the other devices. When it coems to Apple, there's only one choice, which maes sense since there's only one Apply remote.

I get the screen and interface up on my tab, but there's no menu button, and therefore no way you can operate the Apple TV box. The play function and the arrows in all four directions work, but the power button does not. I'm sure they just never developed it properly for APple TV, but was hoping there's a work aorund or patch!