Convert DVD to MP4

dyoung111

Dec 30, 2010
Hi,

I'm having a ball with my Kyros. Yesterday, I installed the Real Player app. I got pointed to a site that offers software to convert dvd video to mp4 format. Video files could then be stored on sd and viewed on the Kyros. My question: I'm too cheap to spend the $18 being asked for the conversion software. Does anyone have any experience with freeware that actually works for the conversion process? i googled around but the couple of programs i downloaded for free failed. thanks.

GotNet

Jan 1, 2011
Handbrake is free with good output but doesn't seem to do all titles. I spent the $14.95 on Pocket DVD Wizard long ago and have never regretted it. Upgraded for free every time a new batch of devices comes along. Either way, movies play with the gallery app with no issues. Looks great via HDMI, too.

Trauma

Dec 12, 2010
I use SUPER, its free, converts almost any format to any other format and does almost all of my transfixing for me. At first there seems to be a lot of options to mess with, but its not that bad really. Just pick you output container and start encoding. I have used it for a few years now and love it.

jetta02awp

Dec 14, 2010
I've been using DVD Fab with the mobile option for everything. It will convert DVD's to and format and convert any format to DVD. I use the iPod Touch/iPhone format and change the resolution to 800x480 and the movies look great on the tablet...and not too shabby on a 42" HDTV

Joey1320

Nov 26, 2010
I have been using a Japanese software for the past couple of years but I can't remember the name for the life of me. It has English language options and it's super easy to use. I'll post the info when I get back home(Friday).