Convert DVD to MP4

Discussion in 'Coby Generation 1' started by dyoung111, Jan 9, 2011.

1. dyoung111

dyoung111 Member

Hi,

I'm having a ball with my Kyros. Yesterday, I installed the Real Player app. I got pointed to a site that offers software to convert dvd video to mp4 format. Video files could then be stored on sd and viewed on the Kyros. My question: I'm too cheap to spend the $18 being asked for the conversion software. Does anyone have any experience with freeware that actually works for the conversion process? i googled around but the couple of programs i downloaded for free failed. thanks.

2. GotNet

GotNet Member

Handbrake is free with good output but doesn't seem to do all titles. I spent the $14.95 on Pocket DVD Wizard long ago and have never regretted it. Upgraded for free every time a new batch of devices comes along. Either way, movies play with the gallery app with no issues. Looks great via HDMI, too.

3. Trauma

Trauma Member

I use SUPER, its free, converts almost any format to any other format and does almost all of my transfixing for me. At first there seems to be a lot of options to mess with, but its not that bad really. Just pick you output container and start encoding. I have used it for a few years now and love it.

4. jetta02awp

jetta02awp Member

I've been using DVD Fab with the mobile option for everything. It will convert DVD's to and format and convert any format to DVD. I use the iPod Touch/iPhone format and change the resolution to 800x480 and the movies look great on the tablet...and not too shabby on a 42" HDTV

5. Joey1320

Joey1320 Member

I have been using a Japanese software for the past couple of years but I can't remember the name for the life of me. It has English language options and it's super easy to use. I'll post the info when I get back home(Friday).

6. Joey1320

Joey1320 Member

I remembered-- 3GP Converter.
    Great software!

7. HeWhoKnows

HeWhoKnows Member

Tablet / Device:
    Coby Kyros 7015
    Format Factory is great at video conversion.