Converting stuff from MAC to ANDROID???

galley.ak

Aug 7, 2011
Im now thinking that I'm going to take this piece of crap back and just get an ipad.... thoughts?

bopfan

Aug 8, 2011
Im now thinking that I'm going to take this piece of crap back and just get an ipad.... thoughts?

It might not be a bad idea to return it. It is not, as someone else noted, a piece of crap. But I wonder if you actually have the patience and ability to allow the tablet to perform to its capability. You may encounter similar problems with an iPad.

You should have updated your Mac ages ago. That is certainly part of your problem.....not the Mac.... but that you haven't updated it.

Once that is done the task of ripping and creating mp4 or mkv files for your android device is simple.

I am a Mac user. I have a 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook with 4 GB of Ram. I am running 10.6.8 which is probably the final version of Snow Leopard. Using MacTheRipper and Handbrake I can convert AVI's or ripped dvd's into formats that work perfectly on my android tablet. Quick, easy and flawless. A simple search with Google will pull up numerous tutorials on how to use Handbrake. Initially it will probably not make much sense to you. New jargon, new terms, new vocabulary. It's like everything else that, I assume, you learned. At first it took awhile but became simpler as you worked your way through it. Even at age 25 you should know that.

Once you have created your video files in a format that are agreeable to your tablet you can transfer them in several different ways. You can use DropBox or Boxee...but probably not the fastest way to make the transfer. OTOH you will be able to access your files from just about anywhere (that you can connect to the web). A quicker transfer would be via a USB cable. Connect your android tablet to your Mac via the USB cable. Your tablet will ask you if you wish to access it as a storage device. Yes you do. When you have confirmed that, your tablet will appear on the Mac desktop as if it were an external hard drive. Next you will merely drag the newly created video files to the icon for your android tablet. When you are finished with your transfers you can turn off the sharing, disconnect the USB cable and enjoy your movies on your tablet.

BTW you will have the option of determining the quality of your videos and, accordingly, the size of the files. You may choose to select lower quality for quantity. Or you may wish to create video files of the highest quality. I watch my videos while flying and am willing to watch slightly lower quality in exchange for smaller files and more movies.

romagnus

Jun 20, 2011
My Mac will not recognize my tablet. It reads my phone just fine though. That is why I use the program I recommended. I am running 10.6.something. interesting.