Converting third party docs from Apple's 30-pin to Samsung's?

Rhoeic

Apr 1, 2013
Converting third party docs from Apple's 30-pin to Samsung's?

With apple moving away from the 30-pin charger, and with the lawsuit between the two on the issue in the past(?) I was wondering if anyone had considered attempting to convert between the apple PDMI and the samsung PDMI as found in the galaxy note 10.1.

I know that some third party docs have been known to work on both (And if a list of these exists I would love to know) but the ports aren't exactly the same. With all of the third-party docs out there, I was wondering if anyone had actually worked out converting them. Even just a female ipod pdmi to a male samsung pdmi would work for the products with the more noticeable differences.

I'm madly in love with my Galaxy Note 10.1, and I want to fully convert, but I haven't been able to find a bedside alarm clock speaker doc that'll work with my tablet. In theory, this would solve the problem for finding a good fm transmitter/holder for vehicles as well.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I think it is far more complicated than mapping a pinout, it is a software issue as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

Rhoeic

Apr 1, 2013
Would it though? There are products to convert apple docks to Galaxy s2 phones. Both products require the same voltage (different amperages would effect charge time, but I don't think anything else) And though I'm sure licensed apple products would work only with apple, I don't see third-party products creating a block like that, as it would be extra work. Unless there are laws in place or something.

At any rate, clearly nobody here has answers, I shall continue my search elsewhere until either someone provides definitive answers, I find a solution, or I get too frustrated and try it myself. Thanks for the response!

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Sure, but if you do find a solution I'm sure there are people here who would love to hear about it, so let us know what you find out.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1