Converting video files......wtf.....???

darkchaos

Jan 19, 2012
Hey,

So I just got my first tablet - pretty happy about it....as all indications seem to be that it is a BETTER overall tablet than the iPad.

Now, I face my main dilemma...how to I get videos/movies on it?!?!?!

I've scoured for converting programs - all sites seem to say that this tablet runs MPEG4 (.mp4) files........yet every SINGLE time I convert an .avi or another file type to an .mp4 file - the tablet rejects the transfer and 'recommends' ANOTHER conversion........:confused:

Once I do this 2nd conversion...the output file on the tablet is junk, choppy and skipping - doesn't play right.

What am I doing wrong here?!?! :(

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Are you using the stock app to play video? You might want to try another, I swear by RockPlayer, plays virtually everything I throw at it.
You could also try some of the conversion programs like dvdcatalyst. I haven't tried it but the author is here and can probably answer any questions you might have.

Sent from a Gibson using Tapatalk - heavy metal edition

darkchaos

Jan 19, 2012
TY for the tips !!

I actually ended up running a system update · was then able to upload all .avi files without issue, running stock player...i will check out the other apps though! Appreciate the help! :D

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
Hey,

So I just got my first tablet - pretty happy about it....as all indications seem to be that it is a BETTER overall tablet than the iPad.

Now, I face my main dilemma...how to I get videos/movies on it?!?!?!

I've scoured for converting programs - all sites seem to say that this tablet runs MPEG4 (.mp4) files........yet every SINGLE time I convert an .avi or another file type to an .mp4 file - the tablet rejects the transfer and 'recommends' ANOTHER conversion........:confused:

Once I do this 2nd conversion...the output file on the tablet is junk, choppy and skipping - doesn't play right.

What am I doing wrong here?!?! :(

Ignore the offer to convert because it conberts it to a lower bitrate. You can ignore it and still play it without converting.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Ignore the offer to convert because it conberts it to a lower bitrate. You can ignore it and still play it without converting.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Although I can play nearly any file I throw at my Transformer, not all are optimal for the screen resolution. Converting and optimizing can have its place. I'm lazy myself and don't bother.

Sent from a Gibson using Tapatalk - heavy metal edition