Copy DVD To SD Card For Display On Thrive Tab

jborchel

Jun 1, 2011
How do I copy a DVD movie to the SD Card so I can play it on the Thrive on the airplane? Are there copy protection issues involved? I own the DVD so I have already paid for it. If I can do this what software tool is the best one to use?

Jakesaturn

Jul 11, 2011
I recently bough the thrive as well. You have to first rip the dvd and then convert it to one of the several supported formats... But this the same for all Honeycomb 3.1 Tabs so dont limit your search just to the Thrive.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Don't limit it to just Honeycomb 3.1 Tabs either.

Jakesaturn

Jul 11, 2011
"Spider Don't limit it to just Honeycomb 3.1 Tabs either."

Yeah True. But once, I get time to play with the tab a little more, I'll post a hopefully a method that includes free software to convert movies.

Coloraored

Jul 20, 2011
I have the Samsung galaxy captivate and the thrive but for dome reason my videos dont play a the thrive and ob the samsung works fine. Is some app i need to dnwload in order to play my videos

Sent from my AT100 using Android Tablet Forum

Bethshaya

Jul 21, 2011
How do I copy a DVD movie to the SD Card so I can play it on the Thrive on the airplane? Are there copy protection issues involved? I own the DVD so I have already paid for it. If I can do this what software tool is the best one to use?
i use foxreal DVD ripper, beside DVD discs, it also can handle DVD iso or ifo image file, it works well for me since i purchased it

PavtubeVideo

Aug 18, 2011
Foxreal DVD Ripper is the best DVD ripping software, which can easily decrypt and remove CSS, region code or other copy protections from DVDs and rip the DVD files to all popular video and audio formats with top video and sound quality, such as MPEG-4/H.264 MP4, AVI, MPEG, WMV, MKV, MP4, RM, QuickTime MOV, MPG, Xvid, Divx, 3GP, FLV, VOB, ASF, SWF, DV, MP3, AC3, AAC, OGG, FLAC, etc.Ripping DVD, DVD folder, IFO/ISO image files to other video format in perfect sync based on its perfect video and audio sync technology. What’s more, you are able to easily convert DVD at 500% conversion speed with its NVIDIA CUDA technology support.

Hope this tool can help you!