Copy notes/highlights with epub??

Thomas

Jan 19, 2011
If I understand, B&N will sync notes and highlights across devices.

Is there a way for this to be done for sideloaded epub files?

Is there at least a way to copy the notes/highlights along with an epub file?

Tom

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
If I understand, B&N will sync notes and highlights across devices.

Is there a way for this to be done for sideloaded epub files?

Is there at least a way to copy the notes/highlights along with an epub file?

Tom

You can highlight, take notes, share (w/contacts/facebook/twitter), and look up (search in web browser) in any epub, side-loaded or brought from b&n with the Nook color. I'm not sure about syncing across other devices.

Thomas

Jan 19, 2011
rico2001

Thanks, Share seems to be disabled for side-loaded content.

I am looking for a way to get the highlights and notes I have made out of the device.

They must be stored in a file somewhere on the device.

Tom

Thomas

Jan 19, 2011
/media/My Files/Books

For all the books I have added, share is greyed out.

Are you able to add a book and get the share function to send something?

TOM

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Edited by Matt. Reason: trying to think too early on a weekend morning. :eek:

-Matt

Last edited:

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
/media/My Files/Books

For all the books I have added, share is greyed out.

Are you able to add a book and get the share function to send something?

TOM

Ok that is the correct folder, although thrre are many. Are you books converted from another format? What else on the highlight bar is greyed out?

Yes I'm able to add any epub to my library and highlidht and share a quote to my contacts, facebook or twitter.

Let's try to establish a ground level for your issue: open a book in your library from b&n, a free one or a stock one. See if you are able to fully use the highlight bar functions. If you are move on to a downloaded epub from a online free site such as epubbooks.com. Get a book there and place in my files. Open the book and see if you still have all the highlight functions.

If both work then we will know the issue is with your books you loaded, not the nc's ability itself and we can work from there.

@Matt
Not sure but you seem a little off subject in that the share button in the highlight function is not to share books but quotes, words and excerpts of the book you are reading.

I also see that one hour free browsing issue, which may or not be true, is still weighing heavy on your mind.

Sent from my NOOKcolor using the Android Tablets Forum App

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
@Matt
Not sure but you seem a little off subject in that the share button in the highlight function is not to share books but quotes, words and excerpts of the book you are reading.

I also see that one hour free browsing issue, which may or not be true, is still weighing heavy on your mind.
Nope, you're absolutely right about "share". My bad!!! I'll go back and fix that.

"...weighing heavy on your mind." Hey, I thought I was the psychologist around here. ;) Have you had a chance to try on yours, btw? I'm optimistic that it's a simple issue.

-Matt

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Nope, you're absolutely right about "share". My bad!!! I'll go back and fix that.

"...weighing heavy on your mind." Hey, I thought I was the psychologist around here. ;) Have you had a chance to try on yours, btw? I'm optimistic that it's a simple issue.

-Matt

:) From time to time, I can be and no haven't been to b&n yet to try it out.

Thomas

Jan 19, 2011
I think I am getting a little off topic.

The share function ends up being a plug forB&N whenit gets to where it is going.

What I would like to do is pull the whole book off the device and sent it to someone else (or another of my devices) and have all the markup information included.

Is this just dreaming?

Tom

sudobashnet

Mar 4, 2011
I'm actually having the same problem with mine. The share option is grayed out. I downloaded a free nook book from the B&N store and I was able to go into the store from the nook and read it from there. From there I was able to use the share option. Any ideas why the sideloaded books aren't working for me? All my books are actually on the device in the same location as the other poster. Books are located at /media/My Files/Books/Author, Name/Title.epub

I also tried loading a book onto the SD card and it was the same result - "Share" is grayed out. Any help is appreciated.