copy rooted sd

Feb 26, 2011
I bought a rooted dual boot froyo 2.2 card off ebay.It is on a 8gb class 4 card.It is so slow like waiting for dial up! Is it possible to just copy the files off the sd card on to a say class 6 or 10 card?

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
I don't think its that easy, otherwise we wouldn't need image files and programs like winimage or win32diskimager...there is some specific file architecture going on that doesn't get created by just copying files.

I have seen conversations about dual booting SDCards over on XDA, but seeing as I have no interest in it, I have not bothered to read through them.

Here is a link for you to XDA forums

Barnes & Noble Nook Color - xda-developers

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
You can use the Win32DiskImager program to create an img file of the SD card, then burn that img to the faster SD. That's the easiest way to transfer the entire card. If it was just one partition with files you could copy it.

What you want to do is install win32DiskImager and follow these steps:

1. In the file name field, type in c:\bootableSDimage.img (or whatever you want to call it, and make sure the location you are typing has enough space for the image - and you said your card was an 8gb)
$create_img1.jpg
2. Insert the SD card into your PC, cancel any automatic pop-ups
3. Then under the Device list on the right side, make sure the drive letter of your SD card is selected
4. Click the 'Read' button and the program will read the SD card and create an .img file of the card

Once you have the image file, you can burn that image to any other SD card big enough to hold it.